Thinking of getting SS fermenter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only draw back I’ve found is finding replacemnt o rings, always out of stock.

quick question. Do you take it apart after every brew. I’ve started leaving thermowall and and tap in when cleaning, maybe taking it apart every 3rd or 4th brew for a thorough clean.

Only draw back I’ve found is finding replacemnt o rings, always out of stock.

quick question. Do you take it apart after every brew. I’ve started leaving thermowall and and tap in when cleaning, maybe taking it apart every 3rd or 4th brew for a thorough clean.
I have always taken mine apart after every brew and then cleaned before storing. I clean again and sanitise before the next brew goes in

Although reseating the gasket in the lid drives me up the wall every time. It's like mental torture
I agree. I don’t have the ss brewtec one but a amazon buy from Germany that’s identical and the silicone ring is a nightmare to get on right when you fix down the last clamp it always seems to bulge. Only time I got it tight was the last brew when I was blind drunk getting the beer into the fermenter lol.

Although reseating the gasket in the lid drives me up the wall every time. It's like mental torture

I agree, the trick is to tuck it in to the edge using a peg to keep it in place if it pops out.

I use an ispindel for monitoring fermentation. Are there solutions to get sound the Faraday cage effect? I know about the passive antenna which I use currently but not sure if that is effective with SS. (I have not yet searched)

I use an ispindel in an SS fermenter and have had no issues with the Faraday effect

I'm very tempted to buy one of these. They have an interesting option for floating lid that does not allow air in while draining. The only real problem is sorting out the shipment at a reasonable cost.

I upgraded to the domed top, it gives a bit more freeboard for Krausen on active fermentations , but beware the lid clamps/clips bend very easily if you apply pressure to the brew bucket for transfers or cold crashing . I've managed to straighten them out again in a vice with a vice grips . Plus they've a tip on their website on reshaping them with two screwdrivers
https://ssbrewtech.zendesk.com/hc/e...ay-to-adjust-the-lid-clamps-on-a-Brew-Bucket-

Attachments

• IMG_20211202_132425.jpg
    IMG_20211202_132425.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back