This’ll make you smile

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buffers brewery

Complicated Brewer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not getting any younger and since raising my fermentation fridge to make beer transfer easier, I’ve found it more of a struggle to lift a fermentation bucket with 23 litres of fresh wort the required 30 inches or so to get it onto my table to get it in the fridge. I’m sure some of you have the same problem. I considered a block and tackle like others have used but it just didn’t appeal :confused.:. I was looking for yet another “lockdown” project to do so set about a slightly different approach. I think it can be described as a typical Buffers brewery approach:laugh8:. Hope it brings a smile to your face. Happy brewingathumb..

Ingenious!
Buffers Fermicular Railway.

1619969461042.jpeg

Fair play. clapa

My solution is to split the wort into two smaller buckets! Which means I often pitch different yeasts.

you really could do with a catch to prevent it from dropping back. Otherwise if you take your hand off the crank you might end up watching your beer go back down the ramp and then all over the floor...

you really could do with a catch to prevent it from dropping back. Otherwise if you take your hand off the crank you might end up watching your beer go back down the ramp and then all over the floor...
Good call. I'm waiting for a delivery next week that should address the issue you raise. You might notice in the video I trap the crank with my leg when moving the FV :laugh8:.

I had the same thought but was just going to add that if it ever happens please get a video of the expression on your face as you watch it sail away :oops:😂

Genius. I brew mine upstairs in an airing cupboard. Bottle in my kitchen and store in the garage. So I also need to lug a 23 liter bucket and bottles up and down the stairs. I could install a stair lift. 😂

Excellent! It looks beautifully made, too.
Funnily enough, I've just ordered a dolly to wheel my fermentor to the fridge (but fortunately for me, mine's at floor level). Getting older ain't much fun!

Very Clever.
I brew outside, ferment upstairs in the airing cupboard, bottle downstairs in the kitchen. That would be a hell of a lot of crank winding.
So I just brew 4 gallons instead of 5.

Back