This is what I have, suggestions please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Libigage

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi all,
I was lucky enough to to win one of Ben's hop raffles, so I contacted him and bought some grain and yeast. All I need now is some recipes. I enjoy any style beer, so this is what I have.....
10kg Maris Otter extra pale
1kg Torrified wheat
2kg Cara Malt
5kg German Pilsner Malt
5kg Vienna Malt
SafAle S-04
Safale S-05Saflager S-23
Perle 100g
Sabro 100g
Simcoe 100g
Mosaic 100g
Citra 200g
Amarillo 200g
Nelson Sauvin 200g
PS its all going in a Brewzilla.
I also have Greg Hughes recipe book and I was looking at his single hop ales. Any advice would be appreciated

You'll never fit that lot in there!
Very funny
Thinking of doing one or two of Greg hughes single hop ipa's. Could I use the maris otter/Vienna and some caramalt in the same quantities as his recipe? What yeast should I use if I did this?

I Would use the Vienna malt in Vienna lager, use the Munich in a Dunkel, make a Kiwi Pale ale and an English bitter. Obviously you will need more yeast.

A juicy IPA, with the 80 per cent extra pale maris otter and 10 10 per cent Vienna.

Simcoa, citra, mosaic and Amarillo. Safe ale 04.

Or you could do Greg’s american ipa, replace the cara pils with some Vienna. As the MO is extra pale the Vienna will work well I reckon.

or caramalt instead of Vienna for both.

My standard APA is 50/50 pale/Vienna with around 225g of hops (100g in the boil, mainly 15mins onwards, and 125g dry hop). I usually do Falconers Flight as my hop but pretty much any 2 or 3 of your American hops would make a lovely beer - I’m a big fan of a Citra, Simcoe and Mosaic combo, and I believe Sabro goes very well with Citra and Simcoe too but it’s a hop I’ve never actually got round to trying. US-05 as the yeast

A Munich Helles as well? Perle as the single hop, 85-90% Pilsner malt and 10-15% Vienna.

I recently did a Hobgoblin Gold clone and you could probably make similar with what you have there - 4kg MO, 400g torrified wheat. Perle to bitter to 21IBU (I used magnum, I’m sure the recipe I had used target), 20g each of Citra and NS at 5 mins and the same again at flame out. Use the S-04 for this.

Back