"This site can't be reached" (message)

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Gerryjo

Still brewing though never get much time....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm on EE with a Huawe and I've no issues at all.If it's only on data then your service provider may be preventing you from access.

Gerryjo

Still brewing though never get much time....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With your data on try switching to desktop version to see if you can access it using the 3 dots in the top right.
Is your DNS set to manual or automatic
Screenshot_20201115_114755_com.android.chrome.jpg

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A specific site returns "This site can’t be reached" only from my account 1 Reply
Suddenly a site can't be reached from my Chrome account, from any computer as also from my Android phone. It does not matter if I use my bookmarks or type the url. If I log out, or use another account, or use another browser, the site responds immediately.
Forget everything about it.
The bookmark in my account was without "www" in front of url, but in other accounts was with it. WWhen I changed it using "www" (or typing it) the site responded immediately. As I understand there is some something wrong in the site setup in "translating" the url without "www".

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks i have sent all the above info to Angie its an odd one as it seems you are the only one having this issue.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Chippy...sounds like there's a couple of others with similar issues but not just on Chinese spy phones...I'm due an upgrade so might nip in the shop and see what they say.

clyne

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have exact same issue on my iPhone with EE - I thought it was just me :-)

clyne

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No probs. I think this is the case with others, but just wanted to make it completely clear to help pinpoint the issue. I can access the site perfectly when at home on wifi, it's only when I'm out and about and on Mobile Data that I can't access it.

Ninkasi

Reaction score
I had this same issue. Just out of interest, when you manually type the URL into the address bar rather than clicking on a link, so www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk Does this work?

For some reason the www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk seems to be listed as a restricted site on "EE,BT,Plusnet,Asda and Virgin Mobile"

I had something called 'light' in parental controls. When I switched this off I could access as normal.

I did this in the provider app (the one you use to check bills etc)

It doesnt matter what type of phone you have.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had this same issue. Just out of interest, when you manually type the URL into the address bar rather than clicking on a link, so www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk Does this work?

For some reason the www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk seems to be listed as a restricted site on "EE,BT,Plusnet,Asda and Virgin Mobile"

I had something called 'light' in parental controls. When I switched this off I could access as normal.

I did this in the provider app (the one you use to check bills etc)

It doesnt matter what type of phone you have.
This is the solution!! EE block all websites beginning with Https on their network if you have any parental locks on your account. It says I can remove the lock online...but doesn't give and option...I can phone them..

Rodcx500z

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just tried on my iphone 12 with wi-fi turned of went on google clicked recents bingo, hope this helps

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope..no good. EE don't block all Https sites on network..just some.

chopps

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the solution!! EE block all websites beginning with Https
From EE.

"We now block secure sites for Strict users (sites with https in the URL). This means some webpages you may have been previously able to access will now show as ‘Timed out’ or ‘No response’."

Strict
This is the safe setting for children under 12.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the solution!! EE block all websites beginning with Https on their network if you have any parental locks on your account. It says I can remove the lock online...but doesn't give and option...I can phone them..
So you can get on the site if you use a bookmark with no HTTPS at the beginning of the URL or do you need to manually type the URL every time excluding HTTPS?

Last edited:

lupinehorror

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the site should redirect http to https automatically.
there are a few security measures that could be improved but none that should warrant a block from an ISP/provider.
2020-11-16 17_37_59.png