Thomas Hardy Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raymondo

Reaction score
I have a bottle of Silver Jubilee Anniversary Thomas Hardy Ale - brewed in 1993. Fancy bottle complete with tag.
What do you think?
  • Sell on Ebay
  • Drink and enjoy
  • Drink, enjoy and attempt to propagate sediment
Any idea what the yeast type might be?

Stored at cool room temperature since about 1995.

Thanks,

Raymondo

This is from the eldridge pope brewery (now defunct). From what I've read this is bottle conditioned. The yeast is the same as wlp099 high gravity yeast. This beer should be fine to drink as it's a big beer, even after all this time.

This is from the eldridge pope brewery (now defunct). From what I've read this is bottle conditioned. The yeast is the same as wlp099 high gravity yeast. This beer should be fine to drink as it's a big beer, even after all this time.
Brewed in my home town. What is the abv? 14% springs to mind, but that can't be right....

I won a bottle of 'Lord Mayor of London's Dorset Brew' commemorative beer earlier this eve (that how I know about the Thomas Hardy beer, as I was doing a bit of research on the Barlay Perkins blog about the yeast). Im hoping it's got some yeast in it.

Back