Three Floyd's Gumball Head

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have read comments though saying you can get a lemony finish from wheat malt. A lot of recipes that are online use red wheat malt...whatever that is. I think the result will be in using a "non" wheat beer yeast as it's usually the yeast that drives the flavour in wheat beers..

I have read comments though saying you can get a lemony finish from wheat malt. A lot of recipes that are online use red wheat malt...whatever that is. I think the result will be in using a "non" wheat beer yeast as it's usually the yeast that drives the flavour in wheat beers..
Ahhh very good point. Well I have 100g of Amarillo I might give it a go with all of it.

Red wheat has a bit more protein than white wheat and tastes a bit fuller, but I suspect as much as anything it's typical of the US Mid West and so it's "local" for 3 Floyds.

I’ve finally got round to thinking about this one...
A bit of revision on the recipe maybe...
Grain bill the same,initial bittering change to a 60 minute addition of Magnum then instead of the timings with the Amarillo add 80 g as a hop stand and 120g dry hop.
Thoughts please!

I’ve finally got round to thinking about this one...
A bit of revision on the recipe maybe...
Grain bill the same,initial bittering change to a 60 minute addition of Magnum then instead of the timings with the Amarillo add 80 g as a hop stand and 120g dry hop.
Thoughts please!
Based on your initial thread I've got this in my 'to brew' list too. After perusing various recipes this it what I'd come up with:

https://share.brewfather.app/eKOm6EtTinXg4n
Be good to know how you get on with it

Latest posts

Back