Tilt hydrometer batteries

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was having a problem recently with my Tilt, having changed the battery in it. I had bought a set of batteries from Amazon
CR123A 3V Lithium Battery, 6 Pack 1600mAh CR123A Disposable Batteries for Alarm System Polaroid Camera Torch Remote Toys - Non-Rechargeable

and found that my Tilt stopped working very quickly after a brew had begun. After reading something about the batteries for Tilts being fairly weight sensitive I weighed my Amazon ones and found they weighed 17.9gm. I got in touch with Tilt and received this reply:

"The battery should weigh about 16.3g. If the battery is too heavy the Tilt will go to sleep.
Yes, 17.9 is too heavy. The Duracell are often too heavy. We recommend Energizer or Streamlight."

Probably most of you Tilt users out there, already knew this, but I thought I'd pass it on, in case anyone is tempted as I was, to get a cheaper non brand name battery.

I have to say Tilt themselves are an excellent outfit to deal with. I've emailed them twice now and each time they've got back to me within 24 hours.

Latest posts

Back