Tilt hydrometer Beerhawk sale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlDaviz

Regular.
Reaction score
seen this in sale, missus bought me one for Xmas and works good, if you sign up to newsletter they send you a code for xtra 10%
Other items too

Thanks! just bought a TILT for £99.99. Had to pay £5 delivery for Scottish Highlands but that's OK.

I don't have a brew to stick it yet so I have just had a play with it. Setup was a doddle and I had it recording to Google sheets very quickly. It took a few minutes to figure out how to get UK style dates. The initial temp was 576C but quickly corrected itself. This duff reading screwed up the graph and things got worse when I 'corrected' the temp to 25 - all the data disappeared! Then I realised you must edit on the 'DATA' tab, not the 'REPORT' tab. Mine reads the SG as 1.000 in water without having to calibrate. The temp was also spot on at 25.0. Now I'm going to buy a Raspberry Pi so it can log round the clock without tieing up my phone!

It’s good to see when you first pitch the yeast if you add nutrients etc how quickly the gravity changes, I’ve always added servomyces and fermentation normally kicks off quite quickly. Gives you an insight into how quickly your brews are fermenting.

I see Tilt have a Bluetooth repeater in beta, for those with stainless steel fermenters. They are asking for testers but probably only in the US.

Does anyone have a BLE repeater already?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 12.40.51.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 12.40.51.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 119

Latest posts

Back