Tilt hydrometer in all colours for just £132.74.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can i ask a question why are these Tilts so expensive when as far as I am aware they are just a hydrometer that sends the upto date readings to a phone or app I suppose as this technology is pretty common place nowadays, it does smack of charging a lot more than they cost to produce as brewing is a minority hobby and as with all hobbies some of the hobbyists have plenty of disposable income note I said some. I personally struggle to see the value in this product @ £130 plus maybe commercial brewers can see more of the value as they brew massive amounts of beer in their FV's but still I can not see why they cost so much here's hoping somebody can explain why they cost so much
Infact I may start a new thread asking this

Could it be that it has no competitor? I know there is something called the Plaato Hydrometer but I am not sure what the differences are.

Maybe Philo79
I have started a separate thread with a poll on it regards this Thanks

Tilt is very useful and interesting. I would like another. But I paid £99 for mine. It's amazing to track the SG dropping and I like the easy temperature monitoring. But I can see how experienced home brewers don't need it.

No one needs one, it’s just nice to geek out in the data.

I find my iSpindel more accurate but requires setting up. 1/2 the cost though when buying one pre made.

Back