Time to Move On

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for all your helpful input and remember theres still a free pint with your name on it if your ever in Edenbridge.

Sorry to see you leave, Terry. Many ingrates out there in the "real" world outside the forum and very sad to see one finally push you over the edge.
Many thanks, once again, on behalf of all those of us who have benefited from your advice.

As regards the general shift towards AG, I do suspect that the perceived accessibility of this has been enhanced over recent years by three factors:
  • clibit's "Have a go at simple AG" thread on the forum - stove top brewing made easy
  • The appearance of cheap-ish, low-footprint, all-in-one systems, and
  • The popularisation of BIAB by the likes of James Morton
Anyway, all the best, you will always be more than welcome here.

Like others have said it's a shame you feel this way . You should never feel you're not part of this community or anyone whatever method I'd brewing they do is. Your advice had been valuable to many many members and you probably know better than a lot of us on how to pimp up and modify kits and simple processes to get a better brew.

I respect your decision but maybe you should take a break.

Damn NO! Another one here who voted you as Forum member of the year. Your advice to me on setting up the water bath was invaluable to me at the time and supplying me with the controller for a charitable donation shows the kind of person you are. You will be missed Terry, sorry to see you go.

The forum has changed since I joined 4 years ago. It's now less populated with ‘ordinary’ brewers like me rather more those who have developed their interest to a fine art, or is that a science? So it’s more their forum than mine. I’ve also noticed the loss of a few other regulars on here. Perhaps their reasons are similar to mine, who knows?

Can you elaborate on this? I don't get this impression at all from reading the forum. Of course it could be that is because I do skip a whole lot of topics regarding all-in-one brewing systems, kegging and other technical setups. I am only interested in water, yeast, malt, hop and simple brewing setups.

Hi Terry, I’m very sorry to read this. Your patience and detailed, knowledgeable and helpful replies have no doubt helped countless readers of the forum. I hope the weight of messages in support is enough to change your mind.

Bugger me! I leave for a couple of months and now have to log on with a tiny phone and use a fiddly little keyboard because @terrym is threatening to leave!!!

I asked you all to play nicely while I was away and never expected anyone to leave!!!

I know how @terrym feels though so all I can say is “Take a break and then limit your responses like I do!”

Off back under my stone (which should be warmed by the sun if this mist ever clears).

Stay dude , you’re a grounded contributor that brings sense and sensibility.

It’s a **** forum without a good mix of people. Ignore the ungrateful **** and focus on those that do value it.

All the best mate .

Just wish to add my thanks to Terry. Always a helpfully volunteered contribution, and one of the people who I look to for advice on these 'ere pages.

Back