Timothy Taylor Golden Best recipe?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camberwell Canary

Reaction score
Can't find any TT Golden Best recipes on the internet (Golden Best; not Best Bitter).

Any ideas?

I'm going to try something halfway between Landlord and Banks's Original.

I'm particularly interested in yeast recommendations.

Thanks!

Perhaps the TT Best Bitter recipe from Graham Wheeler with a lot less crystal, less pale, a bit more black and 1-2C off the mash temperature.

That might do it.

The recipe also depends on which Graham Wheeler book you are reading. The recipes for TT Best Bitter and Landlord (and probably all the others) differs in ingredients between Brew Your Own Real Ale at home and British real ale (3rd edition).

I have just bottled this:

DSCF4854.jpg

Although still cloudy gives an idea of the colour you get with the following grain bill (27ltres final volume)

Pale malt - 4 kg
Lager malt - 800 g
Cara Red malt - 300 g
Chocolate malt - 40 g

For yeast I err on the safe side and use US05 or S04 as I have found these to be very reliable.

Thought I'd resurrect this thread, as I'm planning to go ahead with a slighty adjusted version of the Yorkshire Pale Mild from this article:

https://byo.com/stories/item/1151-mild-ale-its-not-dead-yet

Substituting the malt extract with mild malt for an AG recipe.

BeerSmith gives me a much higher IBU than that recipe suggests so I'm dialling down the hops.

WLP007 for the yeast. 66.7C mash temperature.

Latest posts

Back