Tiny Rebel & Purity

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverShadow

Reaction score
Hey brew crew šŸ˜

I've been scouring the web, trying to find recipes for some of the beers I love by these guys:

• Tiny Rebel - Cali Pale
  • Purity - Session IPA

Has anyone found a recipe for these/tried making them?

I'll keep looking, but seems harder to find than talented actors in a soap opera šŸ¤”

Cheers all

I tried this recipe a couple of years back and kegged it. Was pretty close to ubu as I recall. Brewed to 23l and used SO4.

4kg MO
250g Crystal 120
250g torrified wheat

25g Challenger @ 60
25g Cascade @ 5
25g Challenger @ 5
25g Cascade @ flameout

Purity list all the ingredients of their beers on their website
https://puritybrewing.com/our-beers/session-ipa/
"Brewed with Maris Otter, Vienna and Golden Naked Oats, generously hopped with Simcoe, Eureka and Mosaic hops. "

Mad Goose looks particularly straightfoward to clone "Mad Goose a zesty pale ale with a smooth and citrusy finish. Brewed with English Maris Otter, Caragold and Wheat malts, with Pilgrim bittering hops and Cascade and Willamette aroma hops with an IBU 48". Tempted to give that a go.

Thanks guys šŸ˜

Will add that one to the lost, Rybinss šŸ˜‰

I'll look at purity & see if I can fathom it out. If you try that let me know how you get on please Sandimass

I'll keep looking for the Cali pale, as that's something very special

Some clues here.
Just pale malt and wheat, maybe try 85%/15%.
Hops are listed, you could back solve for the IBU, but expect the majority will be whirlpool given the taste.
With OG of 4.8%, you'll want FG of 1.01, so 80% attenuation.
House TR yeast. Is this saccharomyces trois possibly? Would fit the taste profile. Would make a delicious beer regardless.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-03-11-08-49-43-47_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-03-11-08-49-43-47_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 13
In hindsight of course TR stands for tiny rebel. I still think saccharomyces trois wlp644 would work though.

Many thanks šŸ˜

I'm going for similar on my own TR Cali Pale recipe, based in what I could glean:

For my 12L batch:
----ā€ā€-----------------------
2.3kg Pale (maybe Maris Otter) @ 87% grist
350g flaked wheat @13% grist

5g citra & 5g mosiac - 60 min boil
10g citra & 10g mosaic- 15 min boil
10g citra, 10g ekuaknot & 10g mosaic- whirlpool
15g ekuaknot & 15g mosiac - dry hop 5 days

Sounds OK in principle - I want the ekuaknot & mosaic to be fairly prevalent with citra undertones. Fairly hoppy session, not an absolute monster though. Not used Ekuaknot before, so I've gone a bit lighter hopping in case it's a bit punchy

I was going to try Safale US05 as it's usually a good all rounder, but I might give yours a shout if it's happy around 19-21'c fv temps šŸ˜‰

Won't be trying it for a couple months till I get my next brew(s) done. Hence why I thought US05 would be a bit better in warmer temps without taking over the flavour šŸ¤”

Last edited:
On reading some other posts on this forum, it seems like I might have od'd on the mosaic

Maybe I'll reduce 5g mosaic (or swap for ekuaknot) at the whirlpool & dry hop šŸ¤”

Latest posts

Back