To drink or not to drink?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hagrid

Reaction score
I’ve been drinking my way through a bitter kit, which is nearing the end.

It’s been in a PB and I’ve just pulled a pint off and saw something white blob through the tap. It came through in one blob but has since spread itself across the top of the pint. I know my seal on the cap isn’t great so it will have had some exposure to oxygen but I also had to tip the the PB to get a whole pint. That’s when me. Blobby squeezed through the tap.

Does this look like a mould and it’s time to say good bye to this brew? I think there’s only a couple of pints left anyway.

I shall sup my way through a GEB chevallier while the jury is out.

Cheers guys and gals.

9D63BC4C-63CF-4489-96CE-0B83C14E9531.jpeg

If its the last pint and it looks dodgy pour it down the sink unless you are truly pressed for something to drink.
It probably represents far less that the total yeasty dregs you would have poured away had you bottled this brew.

Mrs. H commented on why the sink stank of vinegar.... I think I made the right call. :) and no third nipple.

If your going to keep the vessel use vwp and nuke the ******* . Wash out good and use again I don’t advise to use vwp for anything else . Pbw for normal cleaning

Did you not notice the taste or smell whilst drinking it?
No, and I’ve had this new cough and high temp for a while.....

I decided to drink my GEB beers instead and chucked this.

If your going to keep the vessel use vwp and nuke the ******* . Wash out good and use again I don’t advise to use vwp for anything else . Pbw for normal cleaning
I’ve got a bit of VWP left so will give it another good scrub. It had been sat for a while so I scrubbed it to within an inch of its life prior to packaging. But when I inject CO2 some escaped out of the lid seal. I suspect it isn’t 100% flat so I’ll have a tinker before the next batch. I started on this PB around 6-7 weeks ago and only have a pint or two left. I’ll have a sneaky peak when I get back from church and see what growing inside. Maybe I’ve inadvertantly found the cure to corona?

Latest posts

Back