Tobacco advertising.

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Remember when it was the big thing T.V, newspapers, billboards and any other means of getting it to the smokers.

I saw this picture earlier one of my all time favourite sports cars from my youth but definitely not my favourite brand.

1642704873358.png

Last edited:

VW911

Landlord.
Reaction score
The F1 cars always used to be referred to as "Marlboro-Mclarens" back in the day.
(Along with the the Rothmans Honda's, not forgetting Rizla Racing!)

the baron

Staff member
Reaction score
What about the St Bruno adverts where the big bald bruiser opens the gates

the baron

Staff member
Reaction score
I can not find the one where he opens the gates but there were a few where the minder rescues the St Bruno man from the girls
Well would you believe it it is the right one :laugh8: :laugh8: :laugh8:

Reaction score
I can't find it now, but there's a video about somewhere from the 50's of how if you save someone from drowning one of the treatments should be a cigarette. 😂

Reaction score
The JPS Lotus cars were gorgeous - Marlboro red - I smoked them for a bit but Embassy Number 1 was my preferred brand before I quit the weed for good well over 30 years ago. I have to say I still miss it in the way that an alcoholic, however long dry, will know they are still an alcoholic. I see myself not as a non/ ex smoker, but rather 'a smoker who just hasn't had one in a very long time'.

moto748

Landlord.
Reaction score
I remember when I was a kid, buying my dad 200 fags for Xmas, in the fancy Christmas wrapper. That'd cost a fortune these days!

Stevieboy

Landlord.
Reaction score
I quit cigarettes over 15 years ago now (20 odd Marlboro reds a day), then took up vaping 3 years ago, and now have stopped that since the start of this year!

I do still puff on the occasional pipe around the campfire though, wind permitting of course!!

Latest posts