Tobacco advertising.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Remember when it was the big thing T.V, newspapers, billboards and any other means of getting it to the smokers.

I saw this picture earlier one of my all time favourite sports cars from my youth but definitely not my favourite brand.

1642704873358.png

Last edited:
The F1 cars always used to be referred to as "Marlboro-Mclarens" back in the day.
(Along with the the Rothmans Honda's, not forgetting Rizla Racing!)

What about the St Bruno adverts where the big bald bruiser opens the gates

I can not find the one where he opens the gates but there were a few where the minder rescues the St Bruno man from the girls
Well would you believe it it is the right one :laugh8: :laugh8: :laugh8:

I can't find it now, but there's a video about somewhere from the 50's of how if you save someone from drowning one of the treatments should be a cigarette. 😂

The JPS Lotus cars were gorgeous - Marlboro red - I smoked them for a bit but Embassy Number 1 was my preferred brand before I quit the weed for good well over 30 years ago. I have to say I still miss it in the way that an alcoholic, however long dry, will know they are still an alcoholic. I see myself not as a non/ ex smoker, but rather 'a smoker who just hasn't had one in a very long time'.

I remember when I was a kid, buying my dad 200 fags for Xmas, in the fancy Christmas wrapper. That'd cost a fortune these days!

I quit cigarettes over 15 years ago now (20 odd Marlboro reds a day), then took up vaping 3 years ago, and now have stopped that since the start of this year!

I do still puff on the occasional pipe around the campfire though, wind permitting of course!!

Back