Tod mun pla

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anjum Anand, you should be ashamed to put your name to this stuff.
Our pot of Mae Ploy red paste in the fridge was waaaaaay out of date and this was the best Waitrose could offer. Yes, I know: I should have known better, but Blinking heck... I tried a tiny bit to calibrate it, and wtf? I should NOT be able to out a dollop of red curry paste on my tongue without needing urgent medical attention. If you gave this to a Thai they would think you were having a laugh…
84FA7308-1860-4D37-8F82-2411D8AF0F60.jpeg

Fortunately, I had some of these bad boys on hand - now that’s more like it: instant hiccups!
BA0EB845-74F6-4F23-8A32-F20C064B2B6D.jpeg
E54414BB-AE95-494E-9481-95817A43ED19.jpeg

… and a truly FEROCIOUS dipping sauce. Wow - sweating now and I am going to pay for this later, but what a rush
487C80B9-C1EC-4035-AF64-E0223B01A11F.jpeg

I've still got a stash of serious pastes which I bought in Thailand a couple of years ago, before things went wrong.
They must be so far out of date but they are of such nuclear strength I think they have a half life of 2 million years!
Can't wait to get back out there to stock up again.

Anjum Anand, you should be ashamed to put your name to this stuff.
Our pot of Mae Ploy red paste in the fridge was waaaaaay out of date and this was the best Waitrose could offer. Yes, I know: I should have known better, but Blinking heck... I tried a tiny bit to calibrate it, and wtf? I should NOT be able to out a dollop of red curry paste on my tongue without needing urgent medical attention. If you gave this to a Thai they would think you were having a laugh…
View attachment 65079
Fortunately, I had some of these bad boys on hand - now that’s more like it: instant hiccups!
View attachment 65080 View attachment 65081
… and a truly FEROCIOUS dipping sauce. Wow - sweating now and I am going to pay for this later, but what a rush
View attachment 65082
What you on about?
Most stuff out the supermarket isn't anywhere near anything "authentic".
I try to make some curry,with varying results but it is what it is..unless you make your own.

I've still got a stash of serious pastes which I bought in Thailand a couple of years ago, before things went wrong.
They must be so far out of date but they are of such nuclear strength I think they have a half life of 2 million years!
Can't wait to get back out there to stock up again.
When we went to Thailand my wife was like a walking pharmacy with all the 'over the counter' drugs she brought back with her.

Back