Toffee Apple Cider!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeardedMag

Reaction score
Morning all!

I have a fishing trip coming up early august and a few of the lads drink Cider.

I'm thinking of surprising them with a nice big batch of toffee apple to help wash down the BBQ on a night time.

I have done a fair few All grain homebrews so far but never ventured into cider.

Can anyone DM me a recipe they've had success with over that timescale?

Cheers!!

Do you reckon it would be palatable after only 2months if I get it done this weekend fermented then bottled?

I'm thinking of below to upscale it to a 19/20 litre batch

19L 100% Organic Apple Juice
1.250Kg Honey
Water to top
1 pack yeast of your choice. Popular choices are Montrachet, Champagne, Safale S-04 and Nottingham.
4 14oz tin Pear Halves
4tsp Malic Acid
4tsp Yeast Nutrient
4 Vanilla Pod or Vanilla Extract

That's just off top of my head so christ knows if it's anywhere near accurate hahaha

Possibly, your average turbo cider is supposedly fine to drink after only a couple of weeks in the bottle.

I guess the one above can only get better with age but should be drinkable earlier.

Yeah I'm thinking get it it and done this weekend and then bottled asap t can age and carb up in the bottles? or may even leave it in the FV too age after ferm add a little more toffee/Caramel (as a few people have mentioned there isn't much kick) then bottle a couple weeks before we set off :D

God knows TBH either way it'll be a right laugh and alot easier on the back and equipment than an all grain!

Latest posts

Back