Ton of supplies in cupboard

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frasermitch

Reaction score
Ok so here goes, i have been acquired a load of extract ingredients - LME (canned), steeping grains, hops (unopened vacuum packed), and yeast (dried unopened) which i paid next to nothing for. Problem is that they have all been stored in his cupboard for the last two months when he bought them. All dates have been checked and all are fine by about a year. With no refrigeration are all these ingredients OK? I have read that LME should be kept in fridge likewise for yeast. Grains i assume are ok.
Cheers

This is exactly what i hoped. Should i take any steps now or just leave them in the box? Danstar Nottingham dried yeast says it should be stored cold, but it is dried so is it OK?? Cheers for the quick response

Refrigerate the yeast if you have space, freeze the hops if you have space, after that brew beer!

Well i will be brewing tomorrow so i guess i will leave them in the cupboard till then, the remainder i will freeze/refrigerate. Hope the beer tastes good

Latest posts

Back