Tonight's election programming

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Beeb has had its day and paying People like Lineker vast amounts does not bode well with the viewing public as a whole. Its time that you can buy a TV and not have to register your name and address so as they can bleed money from you and not giving the choice of viewing their content or not

The Beeb has had its day and paying People like Lineker vast amounts does not bode well with the viewing public as a whole. Its time that you can buy a TV and not have to register your name and address so as they can bleed money from you and not giving the choice of viewing their content or not

Im not against a national broadcaster just the licence. Im guessing you'd disagree with me on this but I'd be happy with a BBC paid for by taxes and for taxes if necessary to go up

The bbc they own the equipment that makes it work ie transmitters and relay stations as I understand it, this is the reason you can,t have a telly that cant receive it everthing you watch use's it

I do not disagree totally McQul I have no problem with the Beeb staying it just how its funded, I think they should have to fight for their money just like any other as they have too many lame dogs both running it and presenting also. they need a good shake up as with any captive company they do not have to change with the times and keep abreast unlike others who go to the wall if not. A subscription (pay per view) but not a tax as this is just making them captive again and money will go to them automatically I want to see them fight for their viewers and funding just like anybody else, its a hard world out there and its time the beeb found that out
P.s they do still produce some very good programmes but this needs to be across the board and get rid of the dead wood

The bbc they own the equipment that makes it work ie transmitters and relay stations as I understand it, this is the reason you can,t have a telly that cant receive it everthing you watch use's it
Hi Rod sorry for the cut and paste but as you will see they sold them off years ago
British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC)[edit]
Responsibility for the transmitter assets of the BBC lay solely within the corporation until 1997. The assets were then split into a separate company, prior to being sold.

The domestic transmitter network was purchased by a US company, Crown Castle, when it was privatised in 1997. Subsequently, in 2004, this was purchased by National Grid plc, which merged in its own private communication network, the name changing to National Grid Wireless in October 2005. Transmitters used by the BBC Overseas services were sold to a new startup company, called Merlin Communications

Hi Rod sorry for the cut and paste but as you will see they sold them off years ago
British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC)[edit]
Responsibility for the transmitter assets of the BBC lay solely within the corporation until 1997. The assets were then split into a separate company, prior to being sold.

The domestic transmitter network was purchased by a US company, Crown Castle, when it was privatised in 1997. Subsequently, in 2004, this was purchased by National Grid plc, which merged in its own private communication network, the name changing to National Grid Wireless in October 2005. Transmitters used by the BBC Overseas services were sold to a new startup company, called Merlin Communications
I had no idea about the sale, no need to be sorry no offence taken, its good to know and sheds new light on the bbc for me athumb..

Thanks for y0ur reply Rod it is nice to see people take the reply as it was meant as a informative answer and not as a told you so! A minority of people would take it in a wrong wayclapaclapaclapa

Apologies, I may have been distracted by mundane existence. Did I miss much by largely by-passing this rather long thread?
I'm mainly here for the beer, TBH, lively and friendly though the debates are.

I did see one lengthy one which touched on the ephemeral nature of human existence, which I did like and did relate to.
Much seemed to be a discussion of the relative demerits of specific politicians. I would be more likely to contemplate their collective demerits.

There was one post on how to cure erectile dysfunction.
That one was good.

That sounds good I must have missed that one - any pictures?

bd2fae3efaf9e863a96f76edec0dc3ae.jpg

Latest posts

Back