Tonight's election programming

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's like yon lady north of the border already calling for a second ref, does she know the final outcome no, if you have a second ref and vote to leave the union you may find your selfs left on the shelf by a cracked pot woman who as only one aim in life and that is to exert her will on people, I love the uk and all who sail in her, I think Boris will come good I can picture him sat there pondering about all the people who would not normally vote tory and thinking god I cant let these folks down now, I just watched the news Christ there protesting now about what was said 20 years, Think I going to up sticks and open a chippy in Uulan Battar

With an understanding of the world and the crisis which Homo sapiens has pushed our planetary biosphere into... a major disaster for the human race as a whole.

Unfortunately the human race needs a dominant cooperative gene to survive, but the dominant selfish gene will rule.

We (members of this forum) will all be dead before the true totality of the disaster to the human race as a whole, becomes apparent.

Well there is one sensible observation from the post above (I did not quote those parts which I regarded as unworthy of repetition) and that is the extent of the environmental problems faced by our species. Mere warming is not the greatest, nor most proximate, of these, but is the most readily understood. The fact that that even this threat can be disputed as widely as it is, does not bode well, I fear. For anyone interested, I found Jared Diamond's book "Collapse - How Societies Choose to Fail or Survive" interesting.

Humans are what we are and this is shaped by our evolution. Life does not evolve to become better as creatures, merely to occupy ecological niches.

I seriously fear that the coming collapse of human numbers may not be beyond the current life expectancy of our forum's demographic, for which I would estimate an indicator numeric of 50 years old.
So, definitely time to get another beer on acheers.

We are like all that went before us we don't care and will find answers to the problems of our twinkling lifespan, enjoy your time here on earth and brew beer athumb..

"enjoy your time here on earth and brew beer", isn't that from the bible, somewhere?

I have no idea Gerrit I am not a bible basher, its the root of all evil in this world, one volcanic eruption the wild fires in aus and America the burning of the amazon rain forest cancels out all mortal man can do, then there is people like Kim jong un we are button press from destruction, me I live for now if I wake up in the morning bonus acheers. enjoy your beer

No-one with an IQ which reaches double figures and with an understanding of the world and the crisis which Homo sapiens has pushed our planetary biosphere into could possibly be in favour of the UK separating from the EU unless it were for purely selfish personal reasons, in which case a brick wall and machine gun is the best cure.

What a load of ********

Edit by C_T -
Can we keep it civil i don't want to delete or close the thread, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well there is one sensible observation from the post above (I did not quote those parts which I regarded as unworthy of repetition) and that is the extent of the environmental problems faced by our species. Mere warming is not the greatest, nor most proximate, of these, but is the most readily understood. The fact that that even this threat can be disputed as widely as it is, does not bode well, I fear. For anyone interested, I found Jared Diamond's book "Collapse - How Societies Choose to Fail or Survive" interesting.

Humans are what we are and this is shaped by our evolution. Life does not evolve to become better as creatures, merely to occupy ecological niches.

I seriously fear that the coming collapse of human numbers may not be beyond the current life expectancy of our forum's demographic, for which I would estimate an indicator numeric of 50 years old.
Not sure whether we are going to be the masters of our own demise, climate change was happening anyway, yes we most likely have caused it to speed up by living the lifestyle we enjoy. Nothing lasts forever, so yes, enjoy it while we can.

Cancelling Brexit was not unpopular. No-one with an IQ which reaches double figures and with an understanding of the world and the crisis which Homo sapiens has pushed our planetary biosphere into could possibly be in favour of the UK separating from the EU unless it were for purely selfish personal reasons, in which case a brick wall and machine gun is the best cure. Brexit will be, in the long term, a major disaster for the human race as a whole.
Unfortunately the human race needs a dominant cooperative gene to survive, but the dominant selfish gene will rule. We (members of this forum) will all be dead before the true totality of the disaster caused by this election, not only to the UK but to the human race as a whole, becomes apparent.
Looking on the bright side, however, when we (Homo sapiens) are out of the way a few centuries from now, the planetary biosphere will be able to breathe a sigh of relief, think to itself something along the lines of “thank god they have gone”, and set evolution to work on less ambitious projects.
in which case a brick wall and machine gun is the best cure.
a brick wall and a machine gun, that's a bit extreme its beyond my expectations of the human race

, I think Boris will come good I can picture him sat there pondering about all the people who would not normally vote tory and thinking god I cant let these folks down now,

My assesment of BJ is he is an opportunist. I dont think he cares about Brexit one way or the other (you only have to remember the two letters he wrote prior to the referendum result, one for and one against Brexit). I also dont think he cares about the people who 'lent' him their vote. I just think he cares about what we let he be PM for the longest time possible. I suspect those ex Labour voters who voted tory are going to come in for a shock. I remain to be proved wrong

A bit of a long-winded way of saying "the end is nigh", Slid, but yes, An Ankoù is just around the corner.
:eek:

It's like yon lady north of the border already calling for a second ref, does she know the final outcome no, if you have a second ref and vote to leave the union you may find your selfs left on the shelf by a cracked pot woman who as only one aim in life and that is to exert her will on people, I love the uk and all who sail in her, I think Boris will come good I can picture him sat there pondering about all the people who would not normally vote tory and thinking god I cant let these folks down now, I just watched the news Christ there protesting now about what was said 20 years, Think I going to up sticks and open a chippy in Uulan Battar
You have very strange views. It's ok in your mind for Boris to push Brexit but it's not ok for Scotland to hold a different view or seek a different path.
No one knows the final out come of Brexit. The biggest problem is everyone believes their way is the right way.

I have always found it interesting, Brexit for many people was fight for independence from the EU, ability to set own laws etc. But when Scotland wants the same, everyone in England loose their sh*t.

I agree with MyQul. The question is: will BJ go with EGR or will go softer - not only on Brexit.

I have always found it interesting, Brexit for many people was fight for independence from the EU, ability to set own laws etc. But when Scotland wants the same, everyone in England loose their sh*t.

Interestingly, I'm always in favour of power / decision making moving *towards* the individual rather than away, so was pro Brexit on that principal alone. I don't know what I would have done if I had been eligible to vote in indyref. Whilst moving more powers closer to the citizen would attract me, the SNP seemed determined to then immediately hand them all over to the EU as a new member state, which I couldn't agree with. However, once Brexit is completed, if I were a Scot I'd be all for independence.

In July 2018 the 11th a Wednesday as I recall Dr Graham Riding performed open aortic abdominal aneurysm surgery on me and saved my life along with a host of other people, I arrived at 7-30am the last thing I remember is Moiz the anethatist saying I will give you my gin and tonic time was 09-30am next it was 6-10pm, to cut a long storey short I went to the doctors with a cough Had a load of tests finishing with a ct scan which my gp doctor Jay short for Jayacumar she insisted I had this scan (boy am I glad) this is known as the silent killer no symtoms no pain and is usually found while looking for something else it is hereditary and will kill you if not found, both my kids will be tested at 60, Royal Preston hospital has a team of 19 vascular sergeons who cover most of the northwest of England the treatment I got there was second to none they even brought a tv into icu so we could watch England play in the world cup I don't remember much of that being croggy, I firmly believe the people of this great country of ours will never let the nhs fall into privat hands, it is the thing I would take to the streets in protest, I agree there are a lot of people who use it who don,t need to people who cant get a doctors appointment because they have a cold rock up at a&e just tell em to man up and kick em out, on privatisation Macmillon tried Heath tried and Thachter all failed its ours we pay for it they will never take it away, I am 66 now I have been in hospital 4 times tonsils which every kid my age had removed, ear operation, I was run over by a car in 1958 6 weeks in hospital, and the big one, if anyone has a family history of aneurysm get tested at 60 these can take 25 years to grow mine was 5.9cm operation time is 5.0cm
My old man had an emergency op for this. When asked if it was necessary to have the op he was told if you don't you'll be dead in 24 hours. He was 78 when he has it done, but has made a fully recovery so thanks for the heads up.

But when Scotland wants the same, everyone in England loose their sh*t..
I dont think that's the case at all. I suspect if you asked the average Englishman or woman (whoever they are nowadays) whether it mattered much to them whether the Scots left the Union or not, most probably couldn't care less whether they stayed or left. However the thing that gets many folks a bit fed up is the carping on about Independence Referenda. We only had one in 2014 and that was supposed to be it for a generation or whatever. Now the SNP want another, saying the goalposts have moved. What will happen if they get one and they lose, and keep losing. IndyRef3? IndyRef4? until they wear people down?

Latest posts

Back