Too cold.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 5 litre insulated picnic box with 4 bricks heated to 200 deg C in your oven and a piece of ply drilled with 7453 1mm holes to stand the pint on should sort the problem. If the premises are cask marque or CAMRA recommended just tell the manager.....

I thought I would elaborate on my past dealings with St Austell Brewery, both of which were concerning their labels. The first were on bottles of Proper Job.

IMG_0365.JPG

Along with a load of tripe about the origin of the typical Cornish expression was this picture of a trooper holding the Union Flag hoisted UPSIDE DOWN !! The wide white diagonal stripe should be at the top nearest the flagpole, should anyone be in doubt, and my letter got a nice reply and apology from Roger Ryman, the head brewer, plus a couple of free tickets for a Brewery Tour, which a pal and I enjoyed later.

IMG_0364.JPG

This is the other gaffe, which I pointed out anonymously by way of a 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' question:

WHAT DID NELSON SAY AFTER HOLDING A BOTTLE OF ADMIRAL’S ALE UP TO HIS DICKIE EYE?
  • I SEE NO YEAST.
  • I SEE NOWT.
  • I SEE NO SHIPS.
  • I SEE NO SIGNAL.
The correct answer is, of course, No 4.

Latest posts

Back