Too elaborate?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeastinfection

Landlord.
Reaction score
well i trialed this today with plain water. brought it to a boil, but its like the mesh is too fine, the "boil"blips quite violently from the side of the fb.rather than coming through the message, i know someone will its not tight enough around the edge to seal it, but im suprised that happens, it builds up pressure then burps it out in one go, its a bit scary.

Great design!

I can understand the "burping" effect because the mesh is so small.

If you ever try and boil a really thick soup, without constantly stirring it, you will get the same "burping" effect; and soup will splatter all over your cooker. (I know this for a fact! :doh:)

The solution will probably be to either increase the size of the mesh or replace it with a perforated sheet that has correspondingly large holes in it.

I still love the "hold down" design though! :thumb:

You could turn your copper piping upside down, cut in two more tee's (giving one on each side) and then trim it so that your copper square is about 4- 6" of the bottom, then locate another suitable bucket that will fit inside the peco and sit on top of the copper, drill out the bottom of the bucket with the correct size holes and voila you have more or less a plastic grainfather. Utilising the copper correctly with some more piping and a pump and you could mash with a constant flow of wort down thru the grain. To drain the mash bucket just lift it up and rest it on a adjustable oven grill.

Latest posts

Back