too much glycerine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barrylewis

Reaction score
Made a complete "town halls" of white wine,i think it may be waaaayyy too much glycerine,has anybody got any sort of "get out of jail free"
thoughts on how,if at all, it can be rescued.As usual,all help much appreciated.not been doing this long,but I won't give up,well, not
just yet!

half, maybe three quarters of one of those small bottles from the supermarket,doctor somebody or other

barrylewis said:
half, maybe three quarters of one of those small bottles from the supermarket,doctor somebody or other
Dr. Oetker, and I think you'll find those bottles are about 38ml, so it sounds like you've used around 25ml, 5 tsps.

To what volume of wine, and what does it taste like now?

it was to one gallon,but I've mixed it with another white and the taste isn't great but,not too bad now. Before, it had a fairly chemical taste and smell,the smart money was betting on glycerine, not the most descriptive, i know,but can't think of any other way to describe it except,maybe, when it was tasted it gave the distinct impression that the horse has diabetes.I may mix it further down with another white and keep mixing until it tastes right to me,but lesson learned,less is more!

Back