Too slow a flow?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gwen

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hi knowledgeable peeps,
Would you be happy with this flow rate or is it a tad to slow? Might just be I am used to a pour from a flow control tap straight off the keg. I got the 2 keg kit from BKT so the beer line is 3/16
Cheers Gwen

Attachments

• IMG_20211003_151204.jpg
    IMG_20211003_151204.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 34
What pressure is your CO2 regulator set to? This seems like a pressure problem (way too low).

Also your beer line seems a bit long - how did you land on this length and size?

What pressure is your CO2 regulator set to? This seems like a pressure problem (way too low).
Regulator was set at 11psi

Also your beer line seems a bit long - how did you land on this length and size?
The beer line came in those 2 lengths with the keg kit. I did wonder if I should reduce length but didn't want to start chopping and find it needed to be that long.

The beer line came in those 2 lengths with the keg kit. I did wonder if I should reduce length but didn't want to start chopping and find it needed to be that long.
My standard advice is to start at 2m of 3/16" and work from there. What you've got looks like a fair bit more than that.

Cheers everyone.
So I have increased co2 to 12 or 13psi (bit difficult to work out exactly) and will play with shortening the length of the lines tomorrow. As the cider keg is just as slow as the IPA I hoped I could rule out clogged post. I have just had some more beer line arrive so at least if I cut it too short I have a back up athumb..

Gwen, if you’re using lower carbonation you can consider larger bore pipe. Try what you’re doing now first but if you’re still unhappy then consider 1/4, 5/16, or even 3/8 pipe for lower carbonation beers.

I use 8 psi and 3/8 for bitters and stouts, then 12 psi for IPA’s with 3/8 terminated at the tap end using a metre of 3/16.

They send you that length of line but you need shorten it to suit how you like your beer....

Latest posts

Back