Top things to improve brews

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for me the most important thing is take notes, print out a 'BRIANS' guide (fools guide)
But alas I lost my journal (my memory wilted!!)
So now I keep written and pc notes, so If I lost one hopefully id have the other.
Experiment as much as you can.
Listen from advise, evaluate and make your own judgments from that.
Finally enjoy every moment...
Bri

Fortunately, no one yet has said that I need to buy three quarters of a craft brewery and a bottling line, so I hope I'm able to make decent brews with my big pot and plastic bucket!

:smallcheers:

This is where i'm at although going to be brewing for a cafe/bar on premesis once the paperwork goes through.

* Campden your water even if you can't taste chlorine/chloramine it might mean you're not sensitive to it. Yes, this includes kit brewers.
This was the one thing that worked wonders for me, I had beer that had a tang for 3 years till I realised that the chloramine was causing it, best thing I ever did, beer is a hundred times better, as good as the pubs now

For new brewers How to Brew by John Palmer
I took you up on your recommendation and have been reading through this tome. It's more like a chemistry text book.

And further - it had the answers in there all along - which I summarise:

The Top Five Priorities for Brewing Great Beer
1. Sanitation
2. Fermentation Temp Control
3. Yeast Management
4. The Boil
5. The Recipe

Latest posts

Back