The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wontigonk

Reaction score
I am pleased to announce that the Towy Homebrew Club has been set up after a successful inaugural meeting on 28 August. We are based near Llandeilo in Carmarthenshire.

The group has decided to concentrate on improving / learning to brew beer and hedgerow wines – we won’t be tackling cider, as there is an established cider club on our doorstep (contact details available on request).

The next meeting will be on Thursday 26 September at 7pm, where we will discuss making blackberry wine, and the basic equipment required for brewing beer from scratch, as most members are new to the hobby. The meeting will be at the Cennen Arms in Trap.

We hope to run a one day “learn to brew beer from scratch” in October - there will be limited spaces so everyone can get involved!

We would welcome new members of all levels of experience – please contact me on [email protected] (don't be put off by the spam filter challenge e-email!), including your mobile phone number so I can add you to a closed WhatsApp group used to keep members informed.

I am pleased to announce that the Towy Homebrew Club has been set up after a successful inaugural meeting on 28 August. We are based near Llandeilo in Carmarthenshire.

The group has decided to concentrate on improving / learning to brew beer and hedgerow wines – we won’t be tackling cider, as there is an established cider club on our doorstep (contact details available on request).

The next meeting will be on Thursday 26 September at 7pm, where we will discuss making blackberry wine, and the basic equipment required for brewing beer from scratch, as most members are new to the hobby. The meeting will be at the Cennen Arms in Trap.

We hope to run a one day “learn to brew beer from scratch” in October - there will be limited spaces so everyone can get involved!

We would welcome new members of all levels of experience – please contact me on [email protected] (don't be put off by the spam filter challenge e-email!), including your mobile phone number so I can add you to a closed WhatsApp group used to keep members informed.
Hi.
Is the group still going? I live near Lampeter and I'm new to home brewing, so advice from more seasoned brewers would be great.

Yes I know. I am out Tregaron way so the other direction.
Nice part of the world that. You've done a damn sight more of this than I have, so I'd be glad to have a chat after the current bun fight if you're up for it. Would have probably saved me ending up with two very cloudy first brews.

Yes drop me a message. What stuff have you been brewing?
Good stuff, I certainly will. I've just finished our first two kits and they are currently conditioning. (Young's American amber ale and Tiny Rebel, Cwtch) The Amber ale went really, I gaffed the Cwtch when I let it stall due to low temperature in the shed, won't be making that mistake again! I need to look into my transfer into bottles as both seem to have a fair bit of junk floating around.

Hi All, particularly @Wontigonk
I tried to email at the address in the first post, and it was bounced - so I assume that the group is not going anymore.
Homebrewer (wines and beers from full grain) near Carmarthen

Hi all, particularly jaffab!

Sorry the e-mail bounced - not sure what happened, but my account does seem flaky at times.
The Towy Homebrew Club is a bit like Schroedinger's cat at present. We were pottering along pre Covid, then like everyone else, aspects of life went on hold. One of our stalwarts moved away; our regular meeting pub closed and despite assurances it will reopen still hasn't and so we just got on with our brews independently. I had a bit of an enforced break when our water levels dropped (being on a well supply is a double edged sword), and when I've put the call out on our WhatsApp group, I've had no replies.... Unfortunately, the chap who'd gone from zero to hero and bought lots of exciting kit with which he was brewing some decent beer died unexpectedly last week as well.
Tale of woes over; I currently have 2 in barrel, 2 in FV (albeit for a friends wedding) and am brewing agin on Thursday, so I'm back in the saddle. We've found a new pub to host us, and its next door to another active member, so there is potential to rekindle the spark if new members join.
We used to meet once a month on a Thursday evening, just to chat, swap notes and tastes each others beers; I anticipate we'd stick to the same formula (mainly as its my only free evening during the week!)

Well, would be interested to take part.
I have just upped my game in terms of brewing - I used to brew wines in demijohns (still do) and beer from tins (the add the 1 kilo of sugar and leave type thing) - but bought myself a GrainFather - so now I am doing wine, cider (from our on-site apples) and both tin and full grain beer.
Not sure how to get in touch and get my contact details to you

Well, would be interested to take part.
I have just upped my game in terms of brewing - I used to brew wines in demijohns (still do) and beer from tins (the add the 1 kilo of sugar and leave type thing) - but bought myself a GrainFather - so now I am doing wine, cider (from our on-site apples) and both tin and full grain beer.
Not sure how to get in touch and get my contact details to you
Brilliant! Happy to chat more off forum - I don't think I can "PM" you, so try e-mailing me on [email protected], or if that plays up, [email protected] and we can swap contact details.

Hi ya, ooooh an old original post but local-ish nearby brewers ..... Tregaron and Lampeter, I'm in the hills near Pontrhydfendigaid.

New to the Forum and new to home brew, just started fermenting a Woodfordes beer kit, fingers crossed.

Any brew clubs near us ?

Hi ya, ooooh an old original post but local-ish nearby brewers ..... Tregaron and Lampeter, I'm in the hills near Pontrhydfendigaid.

New to the Forum and new to home brew, just started fermenting a Woodfordes beer kit, fingers crossed.

Any brew clubs near us ?
You will see that I am in tregaron so just down the road from you

Latest posts

Back