Transferring issues from fermenter king junior ( or other fermentaurus types)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braufather

Landlord.
Reaction score
Using my king keg junior for the second time. First time I had no issues transferring But this time I am just met with foam.

its been cold crashing a couple of days at 1c and is currently lower pressure than my other kegs I’m currently dispensing from without any issue.

I went for a taste with my delux party tap, that always works well, and all I get is foam and a load of Co2 coming out. Realeased presure through prv and connected to gas at a low psi but all I get is foam Still.

looking at it, the pick up tube isn’t fully emerged, it sort of half in half out so it Must be picking up gas. No amount of tilting shaking or whatever seem to be able to submerge it fully.

any one else had this issue? Any simple solutions that can keep the system closed?

cheers

after going back to it this afternoon with a bit more aggressive agitation I got it submerged eventually!

so that filter will have two benefits, obviously as a filter but also the weight will help keep it submerged. 👍

Latest posts

Back