Transferring to fermentor with Brewzilla

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
H, new to the forum and first question so hope its in the correct section. After a few reasonably successful stove top kits with a couple of mates we've each invested in a share of a Brewzilla to get into all grain. Did our first brew on it yesterday and went well after many weeks of research and YouTube video's. One thing that caught us out was the transfer to the fermentor. You can use either the pump to transfer or the tap however when it came to the transfer it struck me that the pump and pipework wouldn't have been sanitised as we didn't run during the boil to circulate, or the part of the tap that was past the ball valve. I had run sanitiser through the tap earlier before the brew started and got sume up the spout to the ball valve so used the tap in the end, but we wanted to use the pump so ideally need to run the pump and recirculate the wort for the last 5 or so mins of the boil to sanitize.

I take it the pump is OK to run with boiling wort? I assume it should be as that is what you'd do if using a counterflow chiller? Is this what people with Brewzilla's/Grainfathers and similar kit does?

Thanks, Scott

I do not use the pump as running boiling/hot wort is not recommended I believe by the manufacturers to be run through the pump but many brewers do with what seems no adverse effects. I personally just let the wort run into the FV with the tap which will also aerate the wort at the same time.
I think its just personal preference which ever works for you

Latest posts

Back