Tropical England Hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Baron

Staff member
Reaction score
I have just used the Tropical England hop mix from CML and it very much to my taste.
I used 150g in the whirlpool and 75g in a 3 day dry hop and it has come out lovely. I was quite hesitant after the usual English hops that are tropical but it does have a generic tropical taste but not like American hops more subtle but it is there. It reminds me of those blondes that people put a little American hops to go with the English hops for a slight tropical taste but it is more pronounced than them and at under £13 for 450g using the discount it works out cheap too (Yorkshire man).
Well impressed but do not expect a in your face but its all there
Mix is Jester, Olicana, Godiva, Mystic and Archer athumb..

I have a pack of their World 9 mix that I'll be using next weekend. I've also used their Jaipur mix which was really lovely - quite mild fruit with a really nice orange after taser. They're a good shout as you get to try some nice combinations without having to buy all the separate varieties individually.

Hi Matt
I just used a generic base recipe
Pale ale malt
500g of light Munich
100g each of Carapils & Special B with my Acid malt for PH
mashed @ 65c for 45 mins with a 10 min mash out
whirlpool of 150g @ 80c for 30 mins
added Kveik @ 40c and let it freefall in temp with a 75g dry hop on day 3 for 3 days
You can use ant base malt to suit your usual recipe the reason I added the Munich was I have used Minch pale and I wanted a more pronounced flavour from the malts.
My base was done so that I got about 4% ABV. Nice easy drinker with a hint of tropical

Latest posts

Back