Truck driver reverses into house.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think the video was posted here at the time, it looks like he is going to have a bit of time to think about the error of his ways.

1656790344845.png

Angry boyfriend deliberately crashes lorry into houseClose
A trucker has admitted deliberately ramming his HGV into his girlfriend's home while two children were inside.
Derek Wellington reversed twice into the house in East Kilbride
The court heard occupants of seven houses had to be evacuated that night.
Those in four of the properties were later able to return, but the damage to Miss Cassidy's home and a next-door neighbour's was so bad that the houses had to be demolished.
The other house needed repair work before it was safe.
Clyde Valley Housing Association ended up with a bill totalling £475,000 due to damage and loss of rental income.
Wellington also pled guilty to assaulting Ms Cassidy in Edinburgh, breaching bail, threatening behaviour and spitting at a police officer.
He was remanded in custody and will be sentenced next month.
Wellington pled guilty to a string of charges including culpable and reckless conduct to the danger of lives.

I thought he did well he didn't touch the little dividing fence between both property's ;)
I doubt he done it without any assistance, at our place at least 2 shunters help them to find a bay, and at least 6 of us laughing on them.

I doubt he done it without any assistance, at our place at least 2 shunters help them to find a bay, and at least 6 of us laughing on them.

You are probably unaware how much truck drivers hate you but fortunately not all workers at distribution centres are ****** and some do help, had you ever driven an artic you would understand how difficult and dangerous it is to reverse at some places.

Oh and we laugh at you as you unload our wagons on minimum wage

Edit to add - I forgot to mention i drive trucks for a living. ;)

Last edited:
You are probably unaware how much truck drivers hate you fortunately not all workers at these places are ***** and some do help had you ever driven an artic you would understand how difficult it is to reverse at some places.
And we laugh at you as you unload the wagons on minimum wage
We're laughing on them in the safety of our cabs, i think it's answers all of your questions.😜🤪
There's a very big problem if someone need assistance to get on a bay on our yard as it's huge.

We're laughing on them in the safety of our cabs, i think it's answers all of your questions

I remember when i got my first job i used to hate reversing so i would have been one of those drivers you are laughed at i guess you either never struggled or you have been doing the job so long you have forgotten how nervous you were back in your inexperienced days maybe the next time you see someone struggling you will remember this post and not find it so funny.

I remember when i got my first job i used to hate reversing so i would have been one of those drivers you are laughed at i guess you either never struggled or you have been doing the job so long you have forgotten how nervous you were back in your inexperienced days maybe the next time you see someone struggling you will remember this post and not find it so funny.
There's a huge difference between someone struggling due to the lack of experience, and someone can't use the space they have, and turn the steering in the wrong direction, and have no idea where's the trailer gonna go. Believe me I can see the difference between an absolute beginner, who needs some help, and a complete dumb.
It's all down to training, and the individuals capabilities to understand how are the things work.
When I get my first job the Italian armed police helped me to turn around in a town centre. 2 years on I was at the national semi finals of YETD.

1656846646598.jpeg

Back in the early 80’s I was Quality Superintendent at Bristol Commercial Vehicles part of Leland Bus and we built chassis like the picture. My testers would road test the bus but then we installed a rolling road and pit. In protest the testers didn’t come in one Saturday leaving me to reverse the chassis onto the rollers without going into the pit. It was the first time I’d done it and I had a large audience. As nervous as I was there were no mishaps.

View attachment 71068
Back in the early 80’s I was Quality Superintendent at Bristol Commercial Vehicles part of Leland Bus and we built chassis like the picture. My testers would road test the bus but then we installed a rolling road and pit. In protest the testers didn’t come in one Saturday leaving me to reverse the chassis onto the rollers without going into the pit. It was the first time I’d done it and I had a large audience. As nervous as I was there were no mishaps.

Like this one?

😃

One of the most amazing sights I have ever seen on the road was an articulated refuse truck stopping on a busy city road and reversing in one go down a narrow alley between two buildings. When I drove past there was barely room for the wing mirrors either side. The driver deserved a medal for that one!

My major dissapointment when I became a trade plater was that they no longer delivered chassis trucks on plates. Then they stopped sending us for tractor units. (You could drive "over" your licence category on trade plates.....

I don't know what's allowed in the UK but a person here with a basic license can rent a very large truck. It's determined by weight, I believe. So if you see some rental logo on a truck here, you have to remember they have been given zero training and are not likely to be proficient.
I rented a 28 footer (something like that) and the guy simply tossed me the keys and a couple of containers of power-steering fluid (seriously).
Besides that, the gears were "upside down" to a normal manual transmission. There was a shabbily draw diagram showing this taped next to the stick shift.
It took me about 100 miles before I felt comfortable on a straight road. It turned out to be fun but not at first.

I don't know what's allowed in the UK but a person here with a basic license can rent a very large truck. It's determined by weight, I believe.

In the UK you can drive up to 3.5 ton on a car licence, you can drive up to 7.5 ton on a car licence but only if you have a CPC card to drive anything above 7.5 ton you need a Heavy Goods Vehicle licence & CPC.

Latest posts

Back