Trump v Biden.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But is was much more than that. Lets not forget that Jan 6th was planned with the active collusion of Republican law-makers, and, of course, the disgraced Former Guy himself.

You have forgotten that Kamala Harris and friends offered to pay the bail in the riots in 2020 when an ex police officer was killed. That sounds like encouragement to me.

I haven't 'forgotten' anything.

That, my friend, is 'whataboutery', and I'm not responding to that. A couple of police officers died on Jan 06. Do you care about them?

I haven't 'forgotten' anything.

That, my friend, is 'whataboutery', and I'm not responding to that. A couple of police officers died on Jan 06. Do you care about them?
One police officer died of a heart attack completely unrelated to the January 6th events in Washington. The New York Times has admitted to this inaccurate reporting. I'm glad to note that whataboutery cannot be applied in this case as it never happened.

One police officer died of a heart attack completely unrelated to the January 6th events in Washington. The New York Times has admitted to this inaccurate reporting. I'm glad to note that whataboutery cannot be applied in this case as it never happened.
Are you referring to Officer Brian Sicknick who died the following day from a massive stroke and blood clot having been beaten and pepper sprayed by pro trump rioters?

Bernie>

And that makes Jan 6th OK? Or comparable to Harris?

Let me see: one thing was the attempted overthrow of procedure to prevent a new administration from signing in, by armed attack on the Capitol, planned, we now learn, with collusion from Repub law-makers.

The other was a decision by Harris to offer bail guarantees. Your mileage may vary about how you view this , BUT IT IS CERTAINLY COMPLETELY LEGAL.

Do you not see the difference?

heck, I'm just going to copy and paste it for old-time's sake:
Whataboutism or whataboutery is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy, which attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving the argument.
--Wikipedia

If I really wanted to get fancy, I'd define "tu quoque" as well.

Fox News forum?

Sounds like hell on earth, David! Presumably inhabited by the sort of people who think Tucker Carlson is some kind of intellectual giant?

Accusing someone of whataboutery is the same as putting your hands to your ears and humming very loudly.

Looking back at the past doesn't alter the fact of a **** poor performance the democrats are doing now. Biden was never a leader and never will be, they need someone with leadership qualities to save them from an utter defeat in the next election.

Brian Sicknick: US Capitol riot policeman 'died of natural causes'

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56810371
Medical examiner stated as reported in Washington Post:
Diaz’s ruling does not mean Sicknick was not assaulted or that the violent events at the Capitol did not contribute to his death. The medical examiner noted Sicknick was among the officers who engaged the mob and said “all that transpired played a role in his condition.”

Fox News forum?

Sounds like hell on earth, David! Presumably inhabited by the sort of people who think Tucker Carlson is some kind of intellectual giant?
Hell on Earth? Spot-on assessment. Based on your post, it sounds like you've been there before.
I got sucked in to engaging on FOX (still not sure how it happened) for two years and tried to inject sanity. Of course it didn't work.
Breitbart is even worse, if you can believe it. Those sites erase, completely and utterly, any perceived moral superiority the US may have been presumed to have. The truth is that the US is chock full of traitors, crazies and malcontents.
On the bright side, they are a minority.
What really gets me though is that that group of crazies likes to quote our historical figures who had a positive take on society and use it completely out of context to justify their insane actions.

As an aside, I've noticed missing numbers in the post count, some following my posts. If it appears I'm not addressing a post directed to me or defending what I have said, it's quite likely I employed the Ignore button. It's definitely not because I'm short on words.
Cheers.
hog batting.jpg

Here's a photo to lighten the mood. That's Hogarth, a stray brought in after he was six months. I'm proud of him for being able to adapt to being an indoor cat.

Looking back at the past doesn't alter the fact of a **** poor performance the democrats are doing now. Biden was never a leader and never will be, they need someone with leadership qualities to save them from an utter defeat in the next election.
The Senate is equally devided between republicans and democrats with the republicans absolutely determined to thwart everything the democrats try to do so it's not all on the democrats. And that includes things that would benefit the republicans' constituents and things that the majority of Americans are in favor of.

The Senate is equally devided between republicans and democrats with the republicans absolutely determined to thwart everything the democrats try to do so it's not all on the democrats. And that includes things that would benefit the republicans' constituents and things that the majority of Americans are in favor of.

Good point. Cons are against anything the Dems propose, period.
It's pretty disgusting that the Cons don't give a **** about the US, just about money and power.
And don't you think it is reversed when the shoe is on the other foot? It would be very naive to think otherwise.

Latest posts

Back