Trump v Biden.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trump is the only president not to have bombed anoth

Trump is the only president not to have bombed anywhere.
He persuaded Kim Jong un not to lob missiles towards Japan, in a peaceful manner. There has been some form of peace between Saudi Arabia and Israel under his watch. Hardly the actions of a President gunning for war.
The nearest we got to WWIII was under St Jack, a Democrat President.
I was thinking about that, but I think possibly as a "businessman" he'smaybe smart enough to realise that getting into a protracted war with an enemy that doesn't play by the rules is a very costly excersise. At the end of the day, he didn't invade anywhere, because like all bullies, he wasn't certain he could could either win and/or get away with it. Plus he probably doesn't have enough of a financial interest in weapons and/or construction to make it worth it personally.

He goaded North Korea and played a very dangerous game.

I was thinking about that, but I think possibly as a "businessman" he'smaybe smart enough to realise that getting into a protracted war with an enemy that doesn't play by the rules is a very costly excersise. At the end of the day, he didn't invade anywhere, because like all bullies, he wasn't certain he could could either win and/or get away with it. Plus he probably doesn't have enough of a financial interest in weapons and/or construction to make it worth it personally.

He goaded North Korea and played a very dangerous game.
That criticism seems to be rather like Catch 22. He didn't start a war but rather negotiated a truce with N. Korea and an agreement between Israel and Saudi Arabia because he's a bad person. Had he bombarded civilians it would have been because of his support of the arms and construction industry and hence a bad person.

I thought the Bridge was meant to keep the Snug a snugger place for those who'd stepped out for a peaceful pint and didn't want to listen to boring old farts banging on about the relative merits of political parties and opinion. Now that it's gone, is the Snug once again the appropriate forum?

The Snug is still for for general chat and if members do not want to view its content in new posts we can still block them from seeing them if requested.

I posted the second wave covid thread in the snug on purpose allowing members who didn't want to see the more argumentative political stuff in the Snug to take part and in the OP i said it was not for members to slate Boris or the Tories on what went before i have removed a few posts to keep it that way and think its been good read so far (we haven't had any complaints)

All the Bridge threads have been moved to the off record forum and future controversial threads will be moved to the Off record forum so members who didnt want to see those threads in the latest post lists still wont.

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/forums/off-the-record.90/

Last edited:
That is what still amazes me, was Clinton perfect, of course not, but she was competent had being a senator, then secretary of stare, ...

The American Ambassador to Libya was assassinated on her watch while she dithered for an age on the telephone.

Last edited:
That criticism seems to be rather like Catch 22. He didn't start a war but rather negotiated a truce with N. Korea and an agreement between Israel and Saudi Arabia because he's a bad person. Had he bombarded civilians it would have been because of his support of the arms and construction industry and hence a bad person.

Hasn't there been a truce in place since 1953?

Hasn't there been a truce in place since 1953?
The Israel–United Arab Emirates normalization agreement, officially the Abraham Accords Peace Agreement: Treaty of Peace, Diplomatic Relations and Full Normalization Between the United Arab Emirates and the State of Israel, was initially agreed to in a joint statement by the United States, Israel and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) on August 13, 2020, officially referred to as the Abraham Accords. UAE thus became the third Arab country, after Egypt in 1979 and Jordan in 1994, to agree to formally normalize its relationship with Israel, as well as the first Persian Gulf country to do so. Concurrently, Israel agreed to suspend plans for annexing parts of the West Bank. The agreement normalized what had long been informal but robust foreign relations between the two countries. The agreement was signed at the White House on September 15, 2020. It was approved unanimously by the Israeli cabinet on October 12 and was ratified by the Knesset on October 15. The UAE Parliament and cabinet ratified the agreement on October 19.

:groupdancing:

us.jpg

Still a hugely concerning number of people voted for him. Trump saying or believing that he's being cheated isn't the worrying thing for me, as he's self-evidently a moron. What I find troubling is that 70,000,000 Americans are ok with voting for a guy that believes it's ok to destroy democratic institutions and conventions.
it hurts my soul

Back