Trump v Biden.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They did a brilliant job they made her sound a worse option than Trump that must have been a huge challeng
Yeah, they did. She's not personable, I would say, but she was sane. This current, Russian disinformation campaign against Biden is interesting because 45* was doing Russia's work for them. All Russia had to do was supplement 45*'s crazy that Biden has dementia, has handlers, etc. None of it's true.
I will be grateful--very, very grateful when I can stop having all of my attention hijacked by that insane dude currently in the WH. I don't think the Senate race is going to be the way I'd like but I'm not going to complain.

Yeah, they did. She's not personable, I would say, but she was sane. This current, Russian disinformation campaign against Biden is interesting because 45* was doing Russia's work for them. All Russia had to do was supplement 45*'s crazy that Biden has dementia, has handlers, etc. None of it's true.
I will be grateful--very, very grateful when I can stop having all of my attention hijacked by that insane dude currently in the WH. I don't think the Senate race is going to be the way I'd like but I'm not going to complain.
I wasn’t exactly a fan of Bush, (he’s the only other Republican president I am old enough to remember) but with him I at least felt comfortable that I wasn’t going to wake up to WW3, with the current occupant not so much. The thing I find scary is that even if Biden wins (which thankfully seems increasingly likely will be the case), Trump will still be in office for a couple more months.

How can anyone just walk the streets with assault rifles, frightening.
I know. It's shocking to me. Carrying military weapons is entirely unnecessary. The people who do it live in fear. I live in Detroit and have never felt the need to be armed. You only need to be concerned about gun violence if you're doing drugs, buying them or selling them.
Anyway, huge assault rifles are legal according to our Second Amendment but not in every state. If you read the 2nd amendment with context and when it was written, it's a pretty weak argument for allowing that type of behavior. The weapons should be allowed but stored for a "just in case" moment, not hauled around wherever to intimidate unarmed people.
In Michigan, concealed carry is fairly well-regulated but there's nothing on open carry.
Sadly, "money" determines a lot of what's legal or not around here.

I wasn’t exactly a fan of Bush, (he’s the only other Republican president I am old enough to remember) but with him I at least felt comfortable that I wasn’t going to wake up to WW3, with the current occupant not so much. The thing I find scary is that even if Biden wins (which thankfully seems increasingly likely will be the case), Trump will still be in office for a couple more months.
I think the same about Bush. Definitely not perfect and a politician but I wasn't worried.
It does look like Biden will win (fingers crossed). Everyone here is quite worried what an unfettered, bitter, psycho is going to do during this period. Hopefully, the GOP will cut ties with him and ignore his destructive intentions.
The next, X amount of time is going to be filled with lawsuit after lawsuit over the election. I suppose what I'm most concerned about is Biden wins the EC and if it were to get overturned in the Supreme Court. I'm not knowledgeable enough to say what the likelihood of that is. I would hope the SC refuses to hear the cases and forces the lower court decision to remain in force. Supreme Court justices can be impeached so they'll not want to do anything absurdly illegal.
Anyway, if the election were to get overturned if Biden wins, then we would be looking at a heap of trouble here, to a degree I can't wrap my head around.

Loved watching the clips of Trump being effectively no platformed by the major tv channels, fox included
as he tried to cast doubt on the legitimacy of American electoral system.

I have removed several posts tonight could i remind members the thread is about Trump v Bidon not about the U.K and the conservative government, thanks.
Just keeping you on your toes, Chippy. Easy to lose one's edge during lockdown. :laugh8: Reminder duly noted. Thank you.
On another note, though, I thought the Bridge was meant to keep the Snug a snugger place for those who'd stepped out for a peaceful pint and didn't want to listen to boring old farts banging on about the relative merits of political parties and opinion. Now that it's gone, is the Snug once again the appropriate forum?

Loved watching the clips of Trump being effectively no platformed
My wife was pretty jazzed about that. She came out of the office and quoted a few of the networks and their response to that presser. Jake Tapper of CNN was especially brutal though truthful and fair.
The US has become accustomed to this garbage by 45* which is a shame. It was good to see. I'd take either of the Bushes right now and call myself fortunate.

I was extremely surprised that he did win. In retrospect, I had given too much credit to the average person's ability to see straight through BS. I didn't account for how effective the fear peddling was going to be. Live and learn, I guess.

Still a hugely concerning number of people voted for him. Trump saying or believing that he's being cheated isn't the worrying thing for me, as he's self-evidently a moron. What I find troubling is that 70,000,000 Americans are ok with voting for a guy that believes it's ok to destroy democratic institutions and conventions.

Trump is the only president not to have bombed anoth
Trump is the only president not to have bombed anywhere.
He persuaded Kim Jong un not to lob missiles towards Japan, in a peaceful manner. There has been some form of peace between Saudi Arabia and Israel under his watch. Hardly the actions of a President gunning for war.
The nearest we got to WWIII was under St Jack, a Democrat President.

Listening to a US commentator, who strangely sounded quite neutral! He mentioned the piling litigation and poor financial forecast of the Trump fortunes, I got a steaky feeling that hiding being the presidency might be his way of keeping the wolves from the door for 4 more years.

Still a hugely concerning number of people voted for him. Trump saying or believing that he's being cheated isn't the worrying thing for me, as he's self-evidently a moron. What I find troubling is that 70,000,000 Americans are ok with voting for a guy that believes it's ok to destroy democratic institutions and conventions.
I think a lot of people didn't vote for the lying, cheating misogynist orange-man as the man himself (although many did) but rather something he stood for and promoted. I don't think the majority of the American people are any brighter or more stupid than the electorate of most other countries. So what is it that's drawing them? Not Trump's pussy-grabbing personality, for sure. Is it the slogan "make America great again"? I'm not aware that the US ever was especially "great"! Is it that many of the American people are fundamentally zenophobic? They wouldn't be alone in that. The American folk won't make real progress unless they look beyond the man and put their finger on what they really value. Furthermore, I think they still want these things, whatever they are, it's just that Trump has become too toxic for the average, decent guy, on the Kensington omnibus.

They say a society is defined by the stories it tells about itself, and there is a lot to understand in the US on that score. The decline of rural communities and manufacturing, racial tensions and economic/employment pressure are all factors that have been fertile territory for political parties of all hues to exploit people’s natural tendency to find a ’villain’ to blame for their woes, and then to create a polarised ‘are you with them or with us?’ mindset that drives voter affiliation to the ‘tribe’. So I think you’re tight, @An Ankoù , it’s about way more than the man himself.

I think a lot of people didn't vote for the lying, cheating misogynist orange-man as the man himself (although many did) but rather something he stood for and promoted. I don't think the majority of the American people are any brighter or more stupid than the electorate of most other countries. So what is it that's drawing them? Not Trump's pussy-grabbing personality, for sure. Is it the slogan "make America great again"? I'm not aware that the US ever was especially "great"! Is it that many of the American people are fundamentally zenophobic? They wouldn't be alone in that. The American folk won't make real progress unless they look beyond the man and put their finger on what they really value. Furthermore, I think they still want these things, whatever they are, it's just that Trump has become too toxic for the average, decent guy, on the Kensington omnibus.

It's the fact that they can see past all of those things and still vote for him.

And the recent photos of men wandering about on the streets with what appear to be machine guns sits well with that.
and that is the most worrying thing about this whole election situation and the divisiveness that the Flump administration have perpetuated.

Latest posts

Back