Tubes/hoses/connectors

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camberwell Canary

Reaction score
Hi

I have almost all the equipment ready to go for my first mash brew including a home-built fermenting fridge!

The only thing I know absolutely nothing about is tubing/connectors.

I don't have an outside tap and plan to brew outside, so need to get mains water from the kitchen. I have an adaptor that fits over the kitchen tap. It looks like you could fit normal hosepipe over the other end of the adaptor (or some kind of connector; not sure). Is normal hosepipe OK for the heat exchanger and rinsing the equipment?

I'm not using a pump (just gravity) to transfer between containers. Assume just emptying from the tap and splashing is OK at all stages except primary -> secondary fermentation bucket where I can use silicone tubing to stop oxygenation?

Any links or information to standard connectors/clamps/tubing types appreciated. I know absolutely nothing. One day I'd like to move onto a pump system to prevent me having to use random crates/steps.

Many thanks

CC

Ordinary garden hose pipe and muscle power is quite adequate.

Hozelock do many different fittings for various types of kitchen taps

I have been brewing in the kitchen with a tap connector and lengths of new hosepipe for rinsing equipment and filling the boiler for brewing with. but the last 2 brews went wrong with a horrible taste and smell so I have changed the pipe to food grade pipe from somewhere locally and it was only a couple a quid a metre.

I have switched to marine drinking hose or whatever it's called and it wasn't that pricey. Also means I can leave the garden hose lying around and getting full of spiders and don't have to bother putting it away. :)

Thanks - am going to go hozelock plus food grade piping.

Then a metre or two of silicone for transferring between the boiler and two fermentation vessels.

CC

Latest posts

Back