Tuckers Maltings Beerfest

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used to be one of my regular visits. There's cider pub a short walk from the maltings if you really want to get bladdered.

Bugger we’re down in Brixham at the moment but travel back north tomorrow. The number 12 bus travels from Newton Abbot to Brixham so I wouldn’t have to drive.

A welcome return (with slight change of name). Will be there for the duration. Wrap up warm if going, it’s in a tent!

Whereabouts Clint? If you are within striking distance you really shouldn't miss it. I hope to be there on the Saturday afternoon.
Stopping at Finlake near Newton Abbot,I'll be home Saturday as we're due to leave Friday morning. Mrs Clint has offered to taxi me there on Thursday for a few gentle halves...
Its a shame that CD...I could have bought you a pint.

I've had a look at the website. Says no advance tickets and a token system for buying beer.
What's it likely to cost as I can't see any prices?
Pah! Just checked opening times...not open til 5pm on the Thursday...no good for me. Ah well.

I thought these photos, taken on April 12th 2019, might whet the appetite of anybody thinking of attending the MaltingsFest. Note the quality of the ‘carpeting’ in the tents (and the number of casks on offer!).

IMG_0642.JPG

IMG_0643.JPG

IMG_0644.JPG

IMG_0648.JPG

Ha ha! you beat me to it. I've just found my pictures of the same year. So here are a couple anyway ...

Attachments

• 20190412_163229488_iOS.jpg
    20190412_163229488_iOS.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 20190412_163219982_iOS.jpg
    20190412_163219982_iOS.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 22
Raring to go to the Maltingfest tomorrow. Being decidedly tottery these days (even before getting there!), I’ve got this new toy to take with me.

IMG_0474.JPG

Overall winner of the show was a 4% Session Pale Ale called Piney Sleight brewed by Cheddar Ales, and I’ve also got the following beers highlighted to sample: Epic Beers 3D – Craic On! 5%, Epic Pitchfork – Santa Fe 7.3%, Exmoor Beast 6.6%, Otter Head 5.8%, Palmers 200 5%, Platform 5 Coaster (brewed 100 yards from the festival entrance for a pub by the Station), Powderkeg Ripple Effect 4.4% (Gold winner in class), Bath Gem 4.1%, St Austell Big Job 7.2%, not forgetting Summerskills Tamar 4.3% and Dragon Pioneer IPA 4.8%.

And that doesn’t include having a sip from all the beers my pal chooses!

Raring to go to the Maltingfest tomorrow. Being decidedly tottery these days (even before getting there!), I’ve got this new toy to take with me.

View attachment 67096

Overall winner of the show was a 4% Session Pale Ale called Piney Sleight brewed by Cheddar Ales, and I’ve also got the following beers highlighted to sample: Epic Beers 3D – Craic On! 5%, Epic Pitchfork – Santa Fe 7.3%, Exmoor Beast 6.6%, Otter Head 5.8%, Palmers 200 5%, Platform 5 Coaster (brewed 100 yards from the festival entrance for a pub by the Station), Powderkeg Ripple Effect 4.4% (Gold winner in class), Bath Gem 4.1%, St Austell Big Job 7.2%, not forgetting Summerskills Tamar 4.3% and Dragon Pioneer IPA 4.8%.

Shame I missed it and you as we're home now. Bonus shopping basket on the front of your booze chariot too CD!

View attachment 67096

Piney

View attachment 67096

Piney Sleight sold out.

Back