Tuckers Maltings Beerfest

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We’re now back in Brixham so Newton Abbot only a bus journey away but at my age (70) can’t have lots of beer and then a 1.5 hour journey back. So tempted but not really practical.🥲🥲

How stupid can I get! Gave my friend the wrong date for the Maltingsfest, so when I rang him to ask why he wasn’t at home, heard that he was on his boat fishing. Fun factor immediately halved, but pressed on and, as my son doesn’t drink beer, sampled 16 or so 1/8th of a pints on my tod.

IMG_0643.JPG

IMG_5446.JPEG

Nice gents behind the bar got used to my wanting to try 2 beers for a 1/2 pint ticket.

IMG_0484.JPG

Keg Beers bar looking a bit lonely . . .

IMG_0482.JPG

Suppliers of the essential Roast Pork Bap, complete with stuffing. apple sauce, and crackling. Followed later by a Gourmet Beefburger!

IMG_0648.JPG

My son remarked how pleasant it was to see so many happy smiling people obviously having a great time.

We’re now back in Brixham so Newton Abbot only a bus journey away but at my age (70) can’t have lots of beer and then a 1.5 hour journey back. So tempted but not really practical.🥲🥲
I don't really make wine and you've just reminded me how I've managed to collect so many demijohns! :beer1:

Back