Turbo Ciders

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Apricot and Kiwi & Lime turbo ciders going. Not sure if brown sugar was a mistake, especially with the kiwi one. Mmmm.... I’ve found normally when I use brown sugar, the colour of the brew gets lighter as the sugar is used up.

2E5F3FF6-D88A-4489-8B5A-62CCE6B1A668.jpeg

Last edited:
looking good, can you tell us the kiwi and lime recipe you used, sounds interesting. My goto is a pineapple tc but always looking to try something new.

looking good, can you tell us the kiwi and lime recipe you used, sounds interesting. My goto is a pineapple tc but always looking to try something new.

Thank you! I don’t use recipes I make everything up on the fly (Took inspiration from the ‘Old Mout’ kiwi and lime flavoured cider though). It’s a mixture of Demerara and white sugar, apple juice, 2kg of fresh kiwis that I froze and then macerated with the sugar, (also added one banana, sliced in skin and frozen) and the zest and juice of one lime to start with. I may add more lime later. I think the brown sugar was a mistake though. Maybe would have been better without, but we will see. Also added a tbsp of vanilla, as I do to most brews. 😬
Edit: 1/4 tsp of tannin as well.

Back