Tyson Fury Says He'll Knock Anthony Joshua Out In Just Three Rounds

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Having watched the highlights of the AJ fight at the weekend (see the off the record forum) i cannot see him getting anywhere near Fury if Fury is at the top of his game.

What do other boxing fans think?

Skip to 30 seconds.

Last edited:
It was an interesting fight at the weekend, Joshua looked very, very comfortable. If he can avoid fighting the way Fury wants him to he'll win, but Fury is a very clever, unpredictable and infuriating boxer. I'm not sure Joshua has the patience to avoid falling into Fury's traps.

I agree Chippy. AJ was good from range on Saturday but his inside work was scruffy. Fury has shown that it takes a lot to hurt him and I think he’d do damage when AJ moved in. Maybe not enough to knock him out, but I’d expect Fury to win a pretty dominant points victory.

Fury would win. Doubt it within 3 rounds. AJ will try to dance around for a few rounds before any real punches are thrown.

I will be honest i haven't followed boxing since they took it off terrestrial TV how likely is it they will get this fight on is Fury goading him to get the fight as AJ doesn't want it?
I don't think it would last much more than three, it'll be one hell of a pay day that's for sure.

Kubrat Pulev is 39, AJ had him on the floor 3 times before the fourth and final time in round nine.

I think Fury will out box him and AJ will be lucky to see round 6.

Fury for me would out class him, Don't think Joshua has done himself any favours with his last 3 fights.
I know Ruiz jr and Pulev are tough men, but fury is fitter than both, more driven when pushed and more agile, has a longer reach and a height advantage than the above two fighters.
I saw a forty one year old klitschko nearly put a stop to his reputation only three and a half years back and I don't think he has improved.

Last edited:
You only have to see what happened to Deonta Wilder ,a man who terrified his opponents ,until he met Fury ,Anthony Joshua will get a severe lesson and be totally outclassed .

It's heavyweight boxing so either side could get a knockout at any moment.

Fury has the reach, a natural boxing ability to slip and punch and will give most boxers the run around.
Joshua is no slouch though - a very very good amateur that has melded his boxing ability with power and incredible timing.

Fury outboxed Klitschko, Joshua stopped him.

Both have been hit and got up off the canvas, Fury many times, although he's better than the fighter of old that didn't take it seriously and would get caught with a big shot every fight.

Likelihood is that Fury wins on points, but if anyone is going to stop him it's Joshua.

It's heavyweight boxing so either side could get a knockout at any moment.

Fury has the reach, a natural boxing ability to slip and punch and will give most boxers the run around.
Joshua is no slouch though - a very very good amateur that has melded his boxing ability with power and incredible timing.

Fury outboxed Klitschko, Joshua stopped him.

Both have been hit and got up off the canvas, Fury many times, although he's better than the fighter of old that didn't take it seriously and would get caught with a big shot every fight.

Likelihood is that Fury wins on points, but if anyone is going to stop him it's Joshua.

This. Joshua isn't a slouch but I've rarely had any "wow" boxing moments when comparing him to Fury. He's very methodical, and perhaps a little of dull, but he's undoubtedly dangerous.

I think Fury could've absolutely dominated heavyweight boxing if his head had been in the right place a few years back. Incredible what he has achieved. Beating Wilder twice (I don't accept that first fight as a draw) was spectacular. I don't think Joshua would survive a fight with Wilder. He's not the tidiest on the inside and Wilder would take one of those opportunities and rattle his skull.

Joshua is vulnerable if he takes a clean shot, that much was shown against Klitchko, Ruiz Jr and also Dylan White (admittedly he spanked him a short while later). He has power in his shots but I can't see him lasting against Fury, who seems to be improving with every fight

Joshua is vulnerable if he takes a clean shot, that much was shown against Klitchko, Ruiz Jr and also Dylan White (admittedly he spanked him a short while later). He has power in his shots but I can't see him lasting against Fury, who seems to be improving with every fight

Whenever i watch AJ fight i am reminded of Frank Bruno.

This is what I don't get. Lots of people claim Joshua is 'chinny', but there's only been one occasion when he hasn't got back up again, and he's fought plenty of decent fighters.

Fury has been down plenty of times in his career too. What's the difference?

I think it's the legs, he just looks wobbly whenever a punch connects with him. Fury looks steadier IMO

Latest posts

Back