U.K v US

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
More here - @SaveOurNHS - https://twitter.com/hashtag/SaveOurNHS?src=hash

gggggggggg.jpg

I have always said that I would welcome paying for private health insurance if it meant a better service. Don't get me wrong I have always had a good service from the NHS but it is on the bones of its ****. What I don't know if how much does the insurance cost in the US to cover those costs

I have always said that I would welcome paying for private health insurance if it meant a better service. Don't get me wrong I have always had a good service from the NHS but it is on the bones of its ****. What I don't know if how much does the insurance cost in the US to cover those costs

Go ahead. You can get private insurance in the UK, and it's cheaper than the US.

A vote for the Tories is a vote for the dismantling of the NHS, for putting it in private hands that'll drive down service levels and the wages and job security of doctors, nurses and staff for the sake of cash in shareholders' pockets. Healthcare in the US is a farce if you're not well enough off.

Scrap National insurance and go private. The NHS is done, face it.
We have too bigger population for it to sustain itself, Labour party promise NHS reform but I just don't believe them, they lied last time they came to power and their doing it again making policies that are impossible to keep. Right now moving forward with brexit we need a leader.. and I get that from May, a leader not a party.

Go ahead. You can get private insurance in the UK, and it's cheaper than the US.

Yes and something I have looked into and I have used private hospitals in the past, paying the one off costs but unfortunately on each occasion we have had to travel hours to be seen. If all hospitals were private then it would be more worthwhile

My old school pal lives in the states, 48 years old fit and healthy, he's a self employed plant fitter, his health insurance costs him $730 a month, his wife has her own policy. Let that sink in.

To be fair chucking money at the NHS isn't the way to fix it, it does need reform. I just don't know how the Tories are going about it is the right way! It's just a giant money pit.

Removal of the NHS in this country would be the biggest mistake ever. Privatising healthcare will lead to the turmoil that is in the US. Having an accident and possibly bankrupting your family to pay for it - I don't think so!! Unfortunately this country has always needed immigration to sustain certain job roles, but our infrastructure couldn't keep up. Now we are left with an ever growing out of control population that demands services, housing etc.

Having been on Bupa/PPP until I was 18, I can say the quality of service/treatment was excellent and the cost was very reasonable. BUT...... from personal experience my parents were private from their early 40's right through to mid 60s and had to stop as the payments were spiralling out of control. Now their back on the NHS.

Health insurance of any kind is great when your healthy for the minor operation etc. but when you grow old and the RISK is higher, you pay astronomic fees. Just look at pet insurance that is running away with its self and will soon price out all but the rich to insure their pets.

The NHS would be in a much, much better state if we only policed it's use properly and got rid of free prescriptions.
I'm sick and tired of turning up at a doctors to be confronted with a sea of the feckless who would rather take up a doctor's time and get a "free" prescription than spend 40p of their own (actually taxpayer's) money for a pack of Paracetamol.
As for the endless stories of little Johnny from Nigeria, or Nepal or wherever getting life changing surgery in Britain, why is nobody asking "Who paid?" and "Was he entitled to NHS care?".

i can only vouch from my own experience of the nhs and the treatment and service i get is excellent. id be up sxxt creek with out a paddle without it. the drugs im on, i could not afford and my health would really suffer. we are very very lucky to have it. there's no way i could afford private health insurance with being unable to work.
i totally agree with the above about getting the drugs on prescription when their only coppers to buy but surely the doctors can take a large % of the blame for that in writing the script in the first place knowing the price of such drugs

I am lucky enough to be a low income veteran and get all my health care at the V A hospital for free. Almost 10 years ago I had a major operation and spent 13 days in the hospital. I hesitate to even imagine how much that would have cost.

Your the kind that deserve first class treatment mate. All the best with the home brewing

i can only vouch from my own experience of the nhs and the treatment and service i get is excellent. id be up sxxt creek with out a paddle without it. the drugs im on, i could not afford and my health would really suffer. we are very very lucky to have it. there's no way i could afford private health insurance with being unable to work.
i totally agree with the above about getting the drugs on prescription when their only coppers to buy but surely the doctors can take a large % of the blame for that in writing the script in the first place knowing the price of such drugs

NHS guidelines already say that such drugs should no longer be prescribed for obvious reasons.

What's **** is that we are destroying the NHS by a thousand cuts until the point that people cry that it is no longer fit for purpose.

Under the latest round of US changes rape is a preexisting condition. Just ponder that for moment.

A vote for the Tories is a vote for the dismantling of the NHS, for putting it in private hands that'll drive down service levels and the wages and job security of doctors, nurses and staff for the sake of cash in shareholders' pockets. Healthcare in the US is a farce if you're not well enough off.

SOOOOO TRUE , problem with the NHS being the amount of money wasted in admin is astronomic. it is run by buffoons from the top to hospital level, i have seen it first hand , some times its a joke, The amount of money thats given to the NHS, if spent correctly would give a fantastic service. It just needs to be used right. Theresa May has my complete backing has far has the EU is concerned (dont let the bastards grind you down ) but Tories are self serving Capitalists, 60 years ago you could leave a job on friday and start work on a monday , We now produce nothing, governments have sold off every thing , you never hear the word apprentice when asking a young person what they do , you hear the word unemployed. Tony blair was not labour he was a wolf in sheeps clothing a self serving capitalist, followed by muppets, until we got Camoron (pun intended) and Evil Osbourne. The tories are still implementing the treatment to the disabled using the reccomendations that Osbourne and his ferrets wrote, Head on a pillow, fit for work can answer a phone, Terminally ill with cancer , the form they send out asks how long you have got left to live, 6 weeks mr Osbourne well fit for work for 5 of them, we have just got rid of a set of evil people. Tories and Blairs labour have ruined this country, in the last 20 years.

The NHS would be in a much, much better state if we only policed it's use properly and got rid of free prescriptions.
I'm sick and tired of turning up at a doctors to be confronted with a sea of the feckless who would rather take up a doctor's time and get a "free" prescription than spend 40p of their own (actually taxpayer's) money for a pack of Paracetamol.
As for the endless stories of little Johnny from Nigeria, or Nepal or wherever getting life changing surgery in Britain, why is nobody asking "Who paid?" and "Was he entitled to NHS care?".

Last time I went to A&E I was there for 5 hours, immediately before starting my night shift. It was full of folk who seemed to be there because it was cold outside and/or there was nowt on telly. Dozens of docs/nurses walking up and down seemingly bored and with absolutely no apparent sense of urgency whatsoever. Finally got to see the doc ( I was there hoping to get a prescription for amoxycillin to treat a raging tooth abscess til I could get to a dentist) but I was in and out in two minutes after waiting 5 hours, sans prescription and the sage advice to see a dentist...

Latest posts

Back