Ubbe or Lutra Kveik

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just filled two corny kegs with more Ubbe pseudo lager. Pitched a good amount of recycled yeast saved from before. Fermented from 1.043 to 1.003 in less than five days at 22celcius. One fermenter dry hopped with Nelson Sauvin. Both cold crashed to 2degreesC.
97EBECD0-5E4B-4CF4-AFF0-6AC5A528C212.jpeg
E7A30EEE-6EDC-4287-B6C8-88ECED862CA2.jpeg

I've just used Lutra to ferment out a sugar wash for hard seltzer after seeing it used by Homebrew 4 Life on YouTube. It seemed to go okay, maybe a little under attenuated but I think I should have added more nutrients than I did. Turned out absolutely crystal clear with only a slight yeast twang which is mostly covered by flavourings. Stuck it in my brew fridge at 35 degrees and kinda forgot about it for a week - no doubt I could have taken that out earlier but I was feeling lazy.

Not sure how that translates to beer fermentation at this point, but I've kept the slurry for reuse so it'll be either another seltzer or a lager it goes into next.

Latest posts

Back