Ugh! Dealing With Internet Provider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Over here, Internet service providers may as well be called "monopolies."
I only wanted to cancel a streaming service as I no longer need it. It can't be done from the web page though you would think so. Because of that, I searched for a half an hour trying to find how and clicked on pretty much everything.
I tried chatting/messaging with an "agent" and got a computer which would list no options for "cancel streaming service."
So I was left with calling directly and was on hold for an hour. I was able to work during that and put the line on speaker phone but still, an hour.
When it was all said and done, my bill is only $10 less a month after cancelling yet the streaming service is priced at $90. It's a magic trick they are able to perform with words like "promotion" and "bundling."
Just an eye-rolling experience.

Over here, Internet service providers may as well be called "monopolies."

We have several ISP's all trying to poach customers off the others so you can get a good deal.

When we get to the end of our contracts (usually 12 - 18 months) we phone the ISP's "Retention Team" and tell them we are thinking of moving even if we have no intention of doing so, we tell them we can get a better deal elsewhere and they always come back with a new lower price or free addons to tempt us to stay, its worked for me for over 10 years ;)

Last edited:
its worked for me for over 10 years
We've done that too and for a long time. I'm a little tired of bringing in cable installers to be honest. We have three providers but one is satellite dish and we have a tree in the way so two is realistic.
I might have to do that again though. One company is dedicated Mbps line per customer and one you get whatever rolls down hill, so to speak.

Latest posts

Back