UK Brew Clubs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Part of my council tax is used to fund the police, and I get a leaflet prior to April each year from my authority explaining where the money is is going (although I rarely read it asad1). Anyway it is known as the Police Precept, although central government provides the majority of funding for the police.
More on that here
https://homeofficemedia.blog.gov.uk/2020/01/22/factsheet-police-funding-settlement-2020-21/
I didn’t realise England was different to Scotland. Our CT hasn’t contributed since they centralised the Scottish Police service in 2013.

going back to the OP, worcester homebrew club have sent out a flyer recently announcing some new stuff going on, hopefully some new blood has managed to evict the older members and reinvigorate the clubs out put

I'm in London, where London Amateur Brewers (LAB) London Amateur Brewers is a fantastic active club. We meet once a month (over zoom at the minute) and - as mentioned earlier - host competitions as well.

To zoom out further, London and Manchester are the hubs when ti comes to clubs - but they are all over the country - take a look here Home Brew Clubs UK - Google My Maps

Hello,

Just another American (technically a Texan) that plans to retire in the Somerset area near Bath. We really enjoy the English countryside, the history, and the people in these communities. So I was hoping to establish some homebrew contacts before I get there. Doesn't look like there are many active clubs in the area. Hopefully that will change before I get there. I would like to attend some of the London based clubs remotely (since thats the thing these days). We've gone to London every Christmas for the last 6 years (except 2020).

I'm also looking for Cider making clubs. I know Somerset is in Cider Country.

Cheers

Sean - Circle C Brewer

Hi Sean and welcome to the forum.

I hope that you manage to fulfil you plan and retire to this green and pleasant land.

There are a few home brew clubs around, I dare say several closer to the Bath area than London

edit: It's been a while since I checked the thread and didn't realise that the club I was mentioning was the latest mention anyway 😅

The west Berkshire brewery have a club.
Less than a hour from bath.
Some great beer and beer history in Bristol just next door to Bath.

Latest posts

Back