Ukraine: Russia has launched 'full-scale invasion'

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1649693939272.png

1649693953110.png

Ukraine's armed forces say Russia has lost more than 680 tanks within the two months since the invasion began.

And on top of that, Oryx - a military and intelligence blog - suggests Russia has lost more than 2,000 other armoured vehicles.

Military experts put the losses down to the advanced anti-tank weapons western nations have given to Ukraine, and to the poor way Russia has used its tanks.

But how much is down to Russian incompetence? Read the full piece here.

Narendra Modi has urged Putin and Zelensky to meet directly (BBC News)

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi says he has repeatedly appealed to Russian President Vladimir Putin and Ukraine's Volodymyr Zelensky to hold direct talks.

Speaking during a video call with US President Joe Biden, Modi says the war in Ukraine is "worrying" and condemns the killing of innocents.

"We hope that the ongoing discussions between Russia and Ukraine will lead to peace," he says. "We have also emphasised the security of civilians in Ukraine and unhindered humanitarian supply and assistance to them."

In late March, Biden characterised India's response to the invasion of Ukraine as "shaky". It has so far declined to condemn Russia at the United Nations and has yet to apply sanctions.

On Sunday, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said the two leaders will continue "close consultations" on the Ukraine war and how the two countries can mitigate its impact on global food supply and commodity markets.

Breaking.
Zelensky has just announced that secret services have captured Putin’s best friend in Ukraine Viktor Medvedchuk.
He had been on the run.

Medvedchuk, the godfather to Putin’s children, is a highly controversial figure inside Ukraine.
Poroshenko used him as a conduit to Putin.
Zelensky blocked his media and put him under house arrest.

1649872745899.png

Russia are saying it was fire damage not caused by the enemy and it sunk being towed back to base, Ukraine are saying they sunk it, i believe the latter.

This was obviously going to happen once it was obvious our intervention was helping his enemy and stopping his armies advance, Putin has got fed up of the Ukrainian army killing his men with our weapons I fear things are about to go **** up and we will be dragged in.

Russia called on the US and other Western governments to stop helping Ukraine's military, describing the arms supplies as a threat to Russia.

Russia's deputy foreign minister, Sergei Ryabkov, said on Wednesday: "We emphasize the need to stop fuelling the militant Ukrainian regime with the supply of weapons, instructor assistance, the development of plans and their implementation for the construction of military bases, training events and much more, which poses a direct and immediate threat to us," Interfax and Tass reported.

The UK said on Monday that it had sent anti-tank weapons to Ukraine to help with self-defense in case of an invasion. The US has also given Ukraine military assistance, including arms and training.

The US, Ukraine, and other allies have repeatedly warned that Russia appears to be preparing to invade Ukraine.

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said on Tuesday: "We believe we're now at a stage where Russia could at any point launch an attack on Ukraine. I would say that's more stark than we have been."

And Ukraine warned that Russia was almost done gathering enough troops along its border for a possible offensive.

Russia denies preparing to invade Ukraine, and has blamed western governments and NATO for inflaming regional tensions by working with Ukraine.

Russia told the US and West to stop supplying arms to Ukraine, saying it's threatening Russia
Russia is amassing troops on Ukraine's border. The US and Ukraine warn of an imminent Russian invasion.
www.businessinsider.com

Last edited:
This was obviously going to happen once it was obvious our intervention was helping his enemy and stopping his armies advance, Putin has got fed up of the Ukrainian army killing his men with our weapons I fear things are about to go **** up and we will be dragged in.

Russia called on the US and other Western governments to stop helping Ukraine's military, describing the arms supplies as a threat to Russia.

Russia's deputy foreign minister, Sergei Ryabkov, said on Wednesday: "We emphasize the need to stop fuelling the militant Ukrainian regime with the supply of weapons, instructor assistance, the development of plans and their implementation for the construction of military bases, training events and much more, which poses a direct and immediate threat to us," Interfax and Tass reported.

The UK said on Monday that it had sent anti-tank weapons to Ukraine to help with self-defense in case of an invasion. The US has also given Ukraine military assistance, including arms and training.

The US, Ukraine, and other allies have repeatedly warned that Russia appears to be preparing to invade Ukraine.

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said on Tuesday: "We believe we're now at a stage where Russia could at any point launch an attack on Ukraine. I would say that's more stark than we have been."

And Ukraine warned that Russia was almost done gathering enough troops along its border for a possible offensive.

Russia denies preparing to invade Ukraine, and has blamed western governments and NATO for inflaming regional tensions by working with Ukraine.

Russia told the US and West to stop supplying arms to Ukraine, saying it's threatening Russia
Russia is amassing troops on Ukraine's border. The US and Ukraine warn of an imminent Russian invasion.
www.businessinsider.com
I dont get it.

Thats from January?

I dont get it.
Thats from January?

This is from today -

Russia warns US and Nato of ‘unpredictable consequences’ over arming Ukraine

April 16, 2022 8:35 am

It comes as President Zelensky warns the world should be prepared Putin may use nuclear weapons

Russia has formally warned the West of “unpredictable consequences” as a result of it arming Ukraine.

A diplomatic note was sent to the White House earlier this week claiming that shipments of the “most sensitive” weapons from the US and Nato are “adding fuel” to the conflict, the Washington Post reports.

The correspondence was received on Tuesday just as President Biden confirmed a new $800 million (£612m) package of military assistance, including long-range howitzers, coastal drones and armoured vehicles, to help Ukraine match Russia’s capability.

On Friday night, President Zelensky warned “all of the countries of the world” should be prepared that Putin may use nuclear weapons.

In an interview with CNN, he said Russia could also use chemical weapons because “for them, the life of the people, nothing. That’s why.”

He added: “We should think, not be afraid, not be afraid but be ready.

“But that is not a question for Ukraine, not only for Ukraine but for all the world, I think.”

According to Russia’s Interfax news agency, similar diplomatic notes warning about arms deals were sent to “all countries”.

A US state department spokesperson did not confirm the contents of the note but said: “What we can confirm is that, along with allies and partners, we are providing Ukraine with billions of dollars worth of security assistance, which our Ukrainian partners are using to extraordinary effect to defend their country against Russia’s unprovoked aggression and horrific acts of violence.”

There has not yet been any confirmation that European countries received a similar note from Russia.

i has contacted the Russian embassy in the UK for comment.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson this week announced a further £100m military aid package for Ukraine.

https://inews.co.uk/news/russia-war...able-consequences-over-arming-ukraine-1579566

Yeah, Russia is allowed to run over some one else's territory and sell lies that are bigger than Hitler's Great Lie, and the rest of world should roll over and keep quiet.

The people in the UN are much too polite. They should already have brought with them the rotten tomatoes to throw at the Russian representative, and possible some at the Chinese representative.

Russia warns US and Nato of ‘unpredictable consequences’ over arming Ukraine
Well yes. The consequences for Russia will be upredictable since Ukraine doesn't now what, if any, armaments it can expect to receive. Talk about stating the bleeding obvious!

Well yes. The consequences for Russia will be upredictable since Ukraine doesn't now what, if any, armaments it can expect to receive. Talk about stating the bleeding obvious!

I have an awful feeling as Russia lose more equipment and soldiers and realise this could go on for years the countries arming the Ukrainian army are going to be put under pressure to stop why we couldn't have done this quietly instead of discussing it on the news and in the papers is beyond me all we have done is give him another excuse to bring us into the war.

You OK Chipster? Have a wee think about what you just said. How on earth would we, as in NATO countries, be put under pressure? It's been fair game for decades to arm the other side, whether it was NATO or Warsaw Pact/Russia doing the arming of whatever "special operation" each side was doing, whether it was in Africa, South America, Far east, middle east or central Asia.

Maybe he's just threatening his bought politicians in the UK, is that what you are you are worried about?

You OK Chipster? Have a wee think about what you just said. How on earth would we, as in NATO countries, be put under pressure

Because this guy doesn't play by the rules he has killed thousands of innocent people by bombing non military targets which demonstrates this, if he says you either stop giving arms to the Ukrainian army or i will consider you the enemy I bet you they wouldn't call his bluff.

Back