Ukraine: Russia has launched 'full-scale invasion'

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I predicted early in the thread that once Putin realised the war was going to last a lot longer than he had assumed it would he would threaten us for arming the Ukrainians, do we call his bluff?

Any country trying to intervene in the Ukraine war will face a "lightning-fast" response, Russian President Vladimir Putin has warned.

"We have all the tools no-one can boast of... we will use them if necessary", he said, in what is seen as a reference to ballistic missiles and nuclear arms.

BBC News.

I predicted early in the thread that once Putin realised the war was going to last a lot longer than he had assumed it would he would threaten us for arming the Ukrainians, do we call his bluff?

……..

I’ve never known any good coming from kowtowing to a bully and we have enough evidence in recent history to show us the truth of that!

Putin is using the same tactics that Hitler used with Neville Chamberlain and surely we won’t fall for that again!

It may cost us in the short-term but, compared to letting Putin and his allies wipe out whole nations in a desire for personal aggrandisement, it has to be a “No Brainer”!
:hat:

Any country trying to intervene in the Ukraine war will face a "lightning-fast" response, Russian President Vladimir Putin has warned.

"We have all the tools no-one can boast of... we will use them if necessary", he said, in what is seen as a reference to ballistic missiles and nuclear arms.

BBC News.
Yes, we have to, you stand up to bullies and if you don’t it gets worse, Putin and his regime only understand and respect force. He ordered a nerve agent attack in the UK, he used polonium to assassinate Litvinenko in the UK, his regime has interfered with our political system, he has taken over Russia and crushed opposition and free speech (with the West doing nothing whilst selling him arms, taking the money and buying the gas & oil, us and the EU!) we are in this already. His military has done the same in Syria, Chechnya, Georgia, and now Ukraine, and would do again in the Baltics and Poland unless stopped.

I just love the latest BBC headline! It says:

“Arming Ukraine threatens Europe’s Security - Kremlin”

The Kremlin should think again! How about:

“Russia’s invasion of Ukraine threatens Europe’s Security - Kremlin”

That sounds more realistic somehow; which is probably why the Kremlin didn’t say it!
:hat:

I read the
"Any country trying to intervene in the Ukraine war will face a "lightning-fast" response, Russian President Vladimir Putin has warned."
i Maybe see it different to some other people I think he chooses his words carefully so that you can fill in the blanks and most are filling the blanks as he means a armed or military response and that is what he wants us to think but I think his response would be the same as he has done to Poland and Bulgaria (they have sent arms so why hasn't he made a military response to them)
I think we need to toughen up our act and let him cut off the gas and oil it will hurt the West but where else is he going to sell it and no sales would cripple his country economically and no money for arms and to pay the army and mercenaries

Some news articles have said Putin is not well and this is his way of going out with a bang, the top pic is from 2019 and the bottom from todays BBC news, he hasn't aged well over the last 3 years.

1651155132762.png

1651155170631.png

German Chancellor Olaf Scholz says Germany will provide Ukraine with training on how to use howtizers - a type of artillery weapon - sent by the US.

There had already been a major policy shift in Berlin, with Germany previously authorising the supply of 50 anti-aircraft tanks to Ukraine.

Germany has long had a policy of not supplying heavy weaponry to conflict zones and its decision surprised the world.

Scholz is currently in Tokyo, Japan, seeking closer ties with countries that share its democratic values in the Asia-Pacific region.

BBC News.

Summary
  1. The Kremlin warns that sending heavy weapons to Ukraine threatens security in Europe
  2. Dmitry Peskov responded after the UK foreign minister said a Ukrainian victory was a "strategic imperative"
  3. But Nato's secretary general says the alliance is ready to support Ukraine for years, warning the war could "drag on"
  4. UN chief Antonio Guterres says war in the 21st Century is an "absurdity" as he visits sites around Kyiv that had been occupied by Russian troops
  5. Days after meeting President Putin in Moscow, he says he wants to help organise humanitarian evacuations in Mariupol
  6. Ukraine's president says Russia is using gas and trade as a weapon after state-run firm Gazprom cut supplies to Poland and Bulgaria

A British national has been killed in Ukraine and a second is missing, the UK Foreign Office has said.
A spokesman for the Foreign Office said it was supporting the families of both people.
Referring to the missing national the spokesman said it was "urgently seeking further information".
Details of what the two British nationals were doing in Ukraine and how or when the person died and the second went missing have not been given.
The government urged British nationals to leave Ukraine in February and has told people not to travel to the country since Russia invaded.
In the early days of the war Foreign Secretary Liz Truss said she supported individuals from the UK who might want to go to Ukraine to fight but the government has since advised against this.
Hundreds of former British soldiers have said they wanted to go to Ukraine to fight or help with humanitarian efforts, while others without a military background have travelled to offer support to the Ukrainians.
Two British men who were fighting with Ukrainian forces have already been captured by Russian troops.
Aiden Aslin and Shaun Pinner, who had both lived in Ukraine since 2018, were taken captive while defending the south-eastern city of Mariupol earlier this month.
There is no indication that the latest Foreign Office statement relates to the two men.
BBC News

Latest posts

Back