Umm. Right.. Is anyone up for a football thread?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We haven't had a football thread here as like political threads on forums they usually end in a big argument.

I am also a Manchester City fan and yes I was there when we were s**t!

For the non football fans below is something rival fans shouted at us when we started to have success when the oil money moved in "where were you, where were you, where were you when you were s**t"

Man City maintained a high level of support when they dropped to the third tier.

I'm a Cardiff City season ticket holder and have been watching them since they were in the fourth tier, in some ways I preferred it to watching them lose most weeks in the premiership. We did see a good win against West Ham yesterday though

Pfffft. You guys don't know ya born.

Grimsby fan here. Just season after season of pain and disappointment*.

Plus, it's fecking freezing in December at Blundell Park. Actually, it's freezing in any month.

Did I mention the endless pain and disappointment?

* This may be a slight exaggeration

Pfffft. You guys don't know ya born.

Grimsby fan here. Just season after season of pain and disappointment*.

Plus, it's fecking freezing in December at Blundell Park. Actually, it's freezing in any month.

Did I mention the endless pain and disappointment?

* This may be a slight exaggeration
I believe young Elliot Embleton has been doing well for your lot this season on loan from Sunderland. I’d like to think this loan might be the making of him!

Man City maintained a high level of support when they dropped to the third tier.
They never sold 46,000 tickets for a home league game or had a home attendance averaging more than 30,000 though.

Brighton season ticket holder and fan of 30 years. Those of you who know your football will know how rubbish it has been for a lot of that time with having to play our home games 75 miles away in Gillingham and at a council owned athletics track. We are now enjoying our best period in our history and have just beaten our rivals from up the M23.

I am not going to show this ****** face as he doesn't deserve his 5 minutes of fame

I hope this deters any other idiot considering jumping on the bandwagon.

clapa

BBC - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-47523268

A Birmingham City fan has been jailed for 14 weeks for attacking Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish during the second city derby.

Mitchell, of Cock Hill Lane, was also ordered to pay £350 in fine and costs and has been banned from attending any football matches in the UK for 10 years.

The £350 includes £100 in compensation for Grealish's "pain, discomfort and shock".

Brighton season ticket holder and fan of 30 years. Those of you who know your football will know how rubbish it has been for a lot of that time with having to play our home games 75 miles away in Gillingham and at a council owned athletics track. We are now enjoying our best period in our history and have just beaten our rivals from up the M23.
And after the long wait you have an excellent stadium. I really enjoyed my trip there to see Cardiff a couple of seasons ago. Real ale in the bar, free wifi and comfy padded seats!

£100 in compo, that's not enough to cover the after game players bar tab...bit tight that Judge is by the sounds of it.

Latest posts

Back