Updated geterbrewed NEIPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Libigage

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi, has anyone done the June 2020 updated geterbrewed neipa, says it comes with 3x1.5kg lme. I was wondering if there is enough dry hops, ie 20g of each in a teabag. Tempted to get it and open the teabags and throw them in. Seems quite expensive though but it sounds nice. NEIPA Beer Kit - Get Er Brewed

Hi, has anyone done the June 2020 updated geterbrewed neipa, says it comes with 3x1.5kg lme. I was wondering if there is enough dry hops, ie 20g of each in a teabag. Tempted to get it and open the teabags and throw them in. Seems quite expensive though but it sounds nice. NEIPA Beer Kit - Get Er Brewed
bookmarked that one. looks right up my street. may invest in the the new year.

Looks nice doesn't it, probably half the price if I had an AG set up but until then I'll try them all

I'm no expert on the style but 60 IBUs and only 60g of dry hops doesn't sound like a NEIPA to me.

I was thinking more hops, what sort of ibus is punk ipa?
More hops indeed, the best NEIPA I tasted had over 600g of hops in it. Obviously that's extreme but I would expect at least 200g in there. As a style the bitterness is usually on the lower end, 60 IBUs is West coast territory.

Back