Uploading photos from ipad !!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redron

Regular.
Reaction score
As always, a picture can be worth a thousand words.
Forgive my Luddite tendencies, but how do I upload photos from my iPad ? I go to 'manage attachments' , upload a photo from my library, which it does, but I can't work out how to add it to my text.....
Is this another oft quoted 'Apple sh..e' conundrum ?

A aargh !

Forgive my Luddite tendencies

I am in the same boat, i can do almost anything on my desktop/laptop but i can only do the basics on my phone.

I am sure there will be a lot of members who use iphones so you should be flying soon.

I have a tablet but no iPad so have no experience of it but after some searching around I have found a thread in a forum (below)
http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1099540

It suggests your host your images on a 3rd party file server, it mentions Photobucket and from my experience I recommend Photobucket anyway if you want to share photos on most forums.
http://photobucket.com/

That said, it seems you are merely looking for the BB code and the gallery here on this forum allows you to attain a BB code for your images but no way to paste it into posts and this where the issue lies.

From what I can glean from the thread I link to above iPad doesn't (or didn't then at least in 2012 when the post I link to started) support Flash so you need to download the Photobucket App (not the Photobucket site, the APP) and this 'may' allow you to add the BB code to your posts.

I know it sounds convoluted but it's the best way I can find to understand and describe it.

One more reason I still love my desktop PC.

I hope this may be of some help to a seasoned iPad user.

Thanks for the input Claw.
The iPad is a useful browsing tool, but just recently I am beginning to see it's limitations...
I remember when Steve Jobs died, someone posted on a forum "RIP Steve, can we have 'flash' now ?

As always, a picture can be worth a thousand words.
Forgive my Luddite tendencies, but how do I upload photos from my iPad ? I go to 'manage attachments' , upload a photo from my library, which it does, but I can't work out how to add it to my text.....
Is this another oft quoted 'Apple sh..e' conundrum ?

A aargh !

Are you using the ap or a browser?

As mentioned earlier, photobucket works well. Download the app, then any pics you take, you can 'upload' to your photobucket app from within the app. Then once they are in your app, copy the 'img' code by clicking on it, then click on the pic icon above this box that you are typing in, and paste the 'img' code. I hope that makes sense, if not, give me a shout, hope I might have managed to given a little back to the forum, as I have had loads of help myself in the last week.

Amended slightly from another forum I use.

Firstly you will need to download the Photobucket app to your iPad. Once this has installed you will be able to sign in with your Photobucket details and upload pictures.

1. First, locate the Photobucket app and tap on it to launch.

2. You may need to tap on 'My Albums' (bottom) to start with, then tap on the 'upload' arrow (top)

3. Choose whether you want to upload pic(s) from your album or take one with the camera (iPad 2 & 3 only). Here we are talking about uploading from an album.

4. Choose the album you wish to upload from.

5. Tap on the pic(s) you wish to upload (green) and as you tap on them a status bar will appear on the left (pink).

6. Once the status bars have gone tap anywhere within the circle.

7. And the album will refresh.

8. You should now see the pic(s) you have just uploaded.

9. Click on the pic you want to put on the forum and it will become full screen.

10. Click on the chain like symbol at the top of the page (Green).

11. Then click on the code at the bottom of the box that pops open (pink for a small thumbnail image), or 2nd from the bottom (red for a full size image).

12. When you've tapped on the code you will see this. It will say either 'Image Thumb' or 'Image Code' depending which option you selected. Tap 'Ok'.

13. Now come out of the app and go to the forum. Where you would normally type your responses tap in the box once so the cursor is in there. Now press and hold in the same box and a bubble with some options will appear. Select the ‘Paste’ option and code you copied earlier will now be pasted into the forum.

Submit your post/reply as normal and if you’ve done it correctly you should see your picture. Thanks to HC of course.

Amended slightly from another forum I use.

Firstly you will need to download the Photobucket app to your iPad. Once this has installed you will be able to sign in with your Photobucket details and upload pictures.

1. First, locate the Photobucket app and tap on it to launch.

2. You may need to tap on 'My Albums' (bottom) to start with, then tap on the 'upload' arrow (top)

3. Choose whether you want to upload pic(s) from your album or take one with the camera (iPad 2 & 3 only). Here we are talking about uploading from an album.

4. Choose the album you wish to upload from.

5. Tap on the pic(s) you wish to upload (green) and as you tap on them a status bar will appear on the left (pink).

6. Once the status bars have gone tap anywhere within the circle.

7. And the album will refresh.

8. You should now see the pic(s) you have just uploaded.

9. Click on the pic you want to put on the forum and it will become full screen.

10. Click on the chain like symbol at the top of the page (Green).

11. Then click on the code at the bottom of the box that pops open (pink for a small thumbnail image), or 2nd from the bottom (red for a full size image).

12. When you've tapped on the code you will see this. It will say either 'Image Thumb' or 'Image Code' depending which option you selected. Tap 'Ok'.

13. Now come out of the app and go to the forum. Where you would normally type your responses tap in the box once so the cursor is in there. Now press and hold in the same box and a bubble with some options will appear. Select the ‘Paste’ option and code you copied earlier will now be pasted into the forum.

Submit your post/reply as normal and if you’ve done it correctly you should see your picture. Thanks to HC of course.

Or you can skip all that ****e and just download Tapatalk...then you just click the add picture button.

Thank you for the informative info folks.
My wife tells me I am using the browser.
Seems I need the photo bucket app......

Thank you for the informative info folks.
My wife tells me I am using the browser.
Seems I need the photo bucket app......

No you don't need the photobucket app as I already said, use Tapatalk, it's easier and quicker.

Latest posts

Back