Urn conversion

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikesandbeer

Reaction score
5585F976-109D-4C1E-A4EB-0A175C91A768.jpeg

Has anyone got any idea if I could convert this to have a stainless ball valve and external sight glass?
The tap and sight glass are currently a single moulded unit but there appears to be fixing nuts on the inside.
It works ok as a HLT but it’s a ball ache having to decant into a jug, so I’d prefer to run a hose to the kettle.
3AB85D33-B441-44A0-9D8B-E871541101D7.jpeg

4C019C2F-A7AE-48B4-BA2F-C30CE68EEE3C.jpeg

Just remove the fittings and replace them with those of your choosing, it shouldn't be complicated.

While your at it reach in underneath drag out all the electrical fittings except the element and build a proper control box, PID/PT100/SSR combination so you can have reasonable control over the unit.

Good Luck. Aamcle

Just remove the fittings and replace them with those of your choosing, it shouldn't be complicated.

While your at it reach in underneath drag out all the electrical fittings except the element and build a proper control box, PID/PT100/SSR combination so you can have reasonable control over the unit.

Good Luck. Aamcle
Sounds a bit involved. I better get doing my research! Cheers.

I'll check the qmax I have at home and what size it is. You are welcome to borrow it. Used for fitting a 3 piece weldless on my sparge heater.

Latest posts

Back