Username and Avatar.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, after being stuck in an office all day wearing dress trousers/shirt, I have a fondness for wearing loose/baggy clothes when I get home. In particular big baggy shirts and jogging trousers... and my name is Bill!

Wife and her friend one day just happened to say somit like, "oh look, here's 'baggy' Bill..." and it stuck :-?

I used to be addicted to Warcraft and the avatar is from the South Park episode about the game. And the fact I'm not unlike the guy :oops:

I got fed up with forums saying that my choice of name was already taken so I stuck with an email name which was given to me by the Aberdeen Swordsmanship Group, hence asg1. It's a longsword group rather than your usual foils. A bit more weighty. :)

The avatar is Beaker from the Muppets and seems to match what I'm like in the kitchen. I have put out a serious chip pan fire at my parents house,(my mums fault) and the fireblanket trick didn't work - so I went for some towels in the washing - but my mum didn't want me to use those! Cooker hood on fire and the top of the cooker melted - where the gas controls were, and cabinets starting. I got burned a bit but got it out and saved the house. Now I have an unusually large collection of fire extinguishers around the place - just in case, and I'm now fire & first aid trained.
The image of Beaker running around with his hair on fire kind of stuck.

Beaker was one of my favourite Muppets always made me laugh, i also liked Animal as I wanted to be a drummer when I was a nipper.

I stole my username from @Japanbrew really liked the idea of making my location obvious as it's interesting to see where in the world people are brewing.

The Avatar is NOT a first aid sign it's the Swiss flag :D

my sons name and I used to play runescape with him, so to avoid any misleading of players etc. dad_of_jon does what it said on the tin!

lots of kids used to come up to my avater and say are you my dad?

my reply more often than not was nope - my son is a high achieving level 99 ;-)

The avatar? - my record mpg from my current car (since beaten again - will have to update avatar) - also miles per gallon could be beer related in a vague way.

Beaker was one of my favourite Muppets always made me laugh, i also liked Animal as I wanted to be a drummer when I was a nipper.

Beakers the nick name I use for my wife when she gets her nickers in a twist and starts going on, and on, and on, and on.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My username is one of my nicknames from school and my avatar shares my first name :)

I'm a chemist (No, that's a pharmacist) as in, I do Chemistry and stuff... I'd just got off the phone to a mate in Malaga when I signed up, So Elchemist came to exist... I did have a Warcraft Character called ElDoctor so that kinda helped the decision making (ElDoctor was a healer, hence the name)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I stole my username from @Japanbrew really liked the idea of making my location obvious as it's interesting to see where in the world people are brewing.

The Avatar is NOT a first aid sign it's the Swiss flag :D

Just saw this post. Sorry late reply. Thanks for hit.

My avatar is of a celebrity who started and maintained
my lifetime interest in space and astronomy.

I never really got into astronomy but i found him fascinating and used to watch regularly.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZzRAkPrISc[/ame]

Clint....my dad liked westerns staring a particular actor...no not John Wayne you dummies!
The astronomer chap....I met him many moons ago...I had the enormous pleasure of making the glass lens for his monocle! I watched his programmes as a kid and was a bit in awe when I met him and really couldn't think of much to say! I got his autograph somewhere..

Cheers

Clint

I love my fishing and my number one fish species are chub
hence chub1
However my avatar does not show a chub but a carp:whistle::lol:

Oh, thanked a chap for mentioning me but didn't say anything about my avatar. That was my dream bike that ultimately put me near death a year ago. Now have plates in my arms, left thumb was almost ripped off. Have 70% function back in it. Broken ribs, back and left ankle. But my feet would have been worse if I wasn't wearing my racing boots. Just to get the boots off, they had to use cutters.
But I still love that bike even though it's gone.

Username is a nickname...from a time I went to a fancy dress party, dressed as the Pope.

My Avatar is a picture of my dog..Staffordshire Bull Terrier called Rosie.

Back