Using gas BBQ as outdoor oven

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Bezza-

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'm looking to build an outdoor kitchen area and wanted to fix my gas BBQ, a Broil King Sovereign XL 90, onto a permanent worktop structure. Ignoring the side burner, the BBQ just sits on the thin metal cupboard, so I'm thinking I can either 1) just make an equivalent metal frame and sit it on there, or 2) remove the doors and wheels and fix the entire metal cupboard into my kitchen structure.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/614070/Broil-King-10084-E60-0406.html
Has anyone attempted anything like this as I can't find much online. Other than the obvious fireproofing, are there any other considerations I need to be aware of like airflow?

Thats the sort of thing my local BBQ people do, have you anyone similar in your area?The short answer is yes, you can strip down the working components and mount them. The advantage in going with someone who has done it before is they’ll be up to speed on the safety side, particularly where gas is concerned.
I have had a similar project on the back burner for a while now, but with a pizza oven and a kamado lifted out of their stands and mounted in a work top.

Thats the sort of thing my local BBQ people do, have you anyone similar in your area?The short answer is yes, you can strip down the working components and mount them. The advantage in going with someone who has done it before is they’ll be up to speed on the safety side, particularly where gas is concerned.
I have had a similar project on the back burner for a while now, but with a pizza oven and a kamado lifted out of their stands and mounted in a work top.

I enjoy doing these things myself so would rather not get someone in. I have a good BBQ shop locally that I could speak to I suspect, although the might be more interested in pedaling a new BBQ designed specifically for mounting than discussing reusing my existing one.

Your brave mentioning gas bbq on here. The charcoal police will be around soon telling you to cook inside.

The broil kings are great, I've had a signet for about 7 yrs. I've thought about doing the same as I've also cast a pizza oven but it will take up too much space under the pergola.

I'd be tempted to mount it on 2 steel rails leaving enough space around it for airflow remembering to have an accessible drip catcher. I think mine is just 4 screws attaching it to the base.

Latest posts

Back